Alcohol

smay136

12 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

If you weren't leaving the ship in Texas I'd say, no, you wouldn't be taxed on the remainder that you bring with you. Since you purchased it before the cruise I'm not sure you are required to even claim it (I know that I wouldn't). But you'll be leaving the ship in Texas and that makes it a whole new ball game.

Yep, that's a real head-scratcher there.  As much is there is to love about Texas, the recent push to enforce the tax law is making things "interesting".

I guess that I will have to force my wife to drink some Bourbon and ginger ale too! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DryCreek said:

Yep, that's a real head-scratcher there.  As much is there is to love about Texas, the recent push to enforce the tax law is making things "interesting".

I guess that I will have to force my wife to drink some Bourbon and ginger ale too! 

I think I remember reading somewhere that you cannot take any open containers off the ship when you disembark, which means you don't have to worry about tax, but it might not be worth buying a bottle if you're not going to finish it!  

8 hours ago, Jennytho said:

I think I remember reading somewhere that you cannot take any open containers off the ship when you disembark, which means you don't have to worry about tax, but it might not be worth buying a bottle if you're not going to finish it!  

They would only know that you had it if they xray-ed the luggage at debarkation and I don't think they do that (at least that's where I would have mine). 

10 hours ago, DryCreek said:

My wife would chuck me overboard. I guess it would depend on how they word the declaration form. If it says something like "you must declare and pay tax on every bottle or partial bottle of liquor" then that's a good indication that they will tax it.

13 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

They would only know that you had it if they xray-ed the luggage at debarkation and I don't think they do that (at least that's where I would have mine). 

Now this reply here is the hands-down winner.

Not because I think that it's a great solution, but it is exactly the opposite of what the holier-than-thou here preach about!

I'm going to bring empty Rum Runners, to smuggle liquor OFF the ship!

Flame suit on, awaiting incoming replies in 3, 2, 1...…...

3 hours ago, DryCreek said:

Now this reply here is the hands-down winner.

Not because I think that it's a great solution, but it is exactly the opposite of what the holier-than-thou here preach about!

I'm going to bring empty Rum Runners, to smuggle liquor OFF the ship!

Flame suit on, awaiting incoming replies in 3, 2, 1...…...

You paid a lot for it, you should take it off the ship if you don't finish it.  Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, elcuchio24 said:

We usually buy a bottle for the room from the funshops. Prices are either ok or extremely high based on what you drink. Still a great ROI per drink vs the bar though.

How many mLs do you get?  I can’t read it on the bottle & it doesn’t say in the description. 

14 hours ago, kittymommax4 said:

How many mLs do you get?  I can’t read it on the bottle & it doesn’t say in the description. 

I have never had anything but liters. Again, your value will swing alot based on what you drink. We just ordered a Liter of Woodwords for our room in a few weeks. It was $100. Typically a liter in the store where we live is probably high 40's or $50. So all in all, a 2x mark up isnt that bad, and saves us a ton on the bar bill.

A bottle of Malibu on the other hand, is marked up many times more. See what works best for you!

• Thanks 1