Cruise Critic Community

[There is no Windstar Whisper.]

John, we are looking forward to the stretched Windstar motor yachts.  The one concern I share with others is likely overcrowding in the Yacht Club on inclement weather days.  Will there be another venue during mornings and afternoons where coffee, pastries, small sandwiches, luscious chocolate pots, etc., will be available along with comfortable seating for relaxing?

I'm also concerned about this, especially for the cooler itineraries (e.g. Alaska, Iceland, UK). I was on the first Alaska cruise, May 2018) and the Yacht Club could get quite crowded on scenic cruising days as it was the only indoor space open with a view. The shutters in the lounge block the view from there. 

3 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

I'm also concerned about this, especially for the cooler itineraries (e.g. Alaska, Iceland, UK). I was on the first Alaska cruise, May 2018) and the Yacht Club could get quite crowded on scenic cruising days as it was the only indoor space open with a view. The shutters in the lounge block the view from there. 

If by lounge you mean compass rose I agree. That view is very limited and the view from the 5th deck lounge is non-existent. 

2 hours ago, milepig said:

If by lounge you mean compass rose I agree. That view is very limited and the view from the 5th deck lounge is non-existent. 

Thanks, yes, I meant Compass Rose.

Overcrowding in all public venues could be a problem. On recent cruise on Star Breeze, the lounge was crowded when there was a presentation. At times the yacht club was also crowded. Add 100 passengers could exceed the room capacity. On the new plan, there doesn't look like the yacht club or lounge will be larger. On evenings if we couldn't find a seat in the lounge, we would join people playing games in the yacht club. It was a nice option. Would be better if there was coffee, tea, and cookies available there after dinner.  

7 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Overcrowding in all public venues could be a problem. On recent cruise on Star Breeze, the lounge was crowded when there was a presentation. At times the yacht club was also crowded. Add 100 passengers could exceed the room capacity. On the new plan, there doesn't look like the yacht club or lounge will be larger. On evenings if we couldn't find a seat in the lounge, we would join people playing games in the yacht club. It was a nice option. Would be better if there was coffee, tea, and cookies available there after dinner.  

It might also make sense to have coffee, tea, cakes, mini-sandwiches, etc., available in Compass Rose during the day to offload Yacht Club.

Azamara has done this in the revamped Living Room.

4 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

It might also make sense to have coffee, tea, cakes, mini-sandwiches, etc., available in Compass Rose during the day to offload Yacht Club.

Azamara has done this in the revamped Living Room.

Just did an Azamara cruise on Quest.  Living room had a bar. It did not have any pastry or snacks.  We love Cafe Mosaic.  We love that it is open until 10 pm. We enjoy  being able to have a coffee or tea with pastry after dinner.  On Windstar, we miss being able to enjoy that in the yacht club.  We got coffee one night at Compass Rose. No tea.  After that we ordered room service. 

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Just did an Azamara cruise on Quest.  Living room had a bar. It did not have any pastry or snacks.  We love Cafe Mosaic.  We love that it is open until 10 pm. We enjoy  being able to have a coffee or tea with pastry after dinner.  On Windstar, we miss being able to enjoy that in the yacht club.  We got coffee one night at Compass Rose. No tea.  After that we ordered room service. 

The Living Room has sandwiches, cakes, coffee, etc.,  from 11:30 to 4 in the afternoon, in addition to the bar.  I'm on Journey now.   Afternoon is prime time on a sea day in the Yacht Club, and it will be packed with 300+ on board.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:33 PM, marinaro44 said:

[There is no Windstar Whisper.]

John, we are looking forward to the stretched Windstar motor yachts.  The one concern I share with others is likely overcrowding in the Yacht Club on inclement weather days.  Will there be another venue during mornings and afternoons where coffee, pastries, small sandwiches, luscious chocolate pots, etc., will be available along with comfortable seating for relaxing?

We’re doing some reconfiguration to Yacht Club to add some additional seating but the other nice addition will be the much larger Veranda Cafe with new interior seating with great views. The Verandah will also have a large coffee station and similar grab and go breakfast items.

19 hours ago, WSCPresident said:

We’re doing some reconfiguration to Yacht Club to add some additional seating but the other nice addition will be the much larger Veranda Cafe with new interior seating with great views. The Verandah will also have a large coffee station and similar grab and go breakfast items.

Will this coffee and grab and go breakfast items bar be open afternoons like Yacht Club?  And can we take items and sit in the outdoor area of Veranda?