!0-3-19 Thursday Weigh-In..What..October Already!

Belle

Christmas will be here

Santa and deers

Candy and cake

Don't make

Want cruises and sun

That will be more fun

Have a good week all

I'm on a cruise..don't call:classic_smile:

Hoping you all a good weigh in and enjoy what ever your doing this week.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 3

Belle - I hope you are having a wonderful time on your cruise!!!!

We had a wedding last Saturday (dinner out Friday, Saturday lovely dinner, and dinner out Sunday) ... have had my sister and grandson here all week ... we have had the best time all my family came from all over the US for the wedding!!!  Good people, good food, good times!! (and my daughter was so lovely!).

I didn't gain!  I stayed the same, so I am happy, but really want a loss next week.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.  Jan

• Like 2

Good for you Belle!  I will be cruising the end of October. I joined this board a while ago and this is my first post. I am finding my determination and the will to get myself back in shape.

Congratulations to your daughter Jan, and congratulations to you too.  Gatherings are so hard to stay focused at. 

This is a heck of a time for me to get serious about losing weight with my up coming cruise, but I know, I have the opportunity to make good food choices.  It's  the matter of temptation that I will have to deal with.  With so many choices,  I'll just have to make the right ones.

Edited by Ilovecrusingtoo
  • Like 1

Have a great cruise Belle!

Jan, great job maintaining during a potentially calorie heavy week.  Congrats to your daughter ❤️ 

Welcome Ilovecruisingtoo 🙂 I'm in Central PA now (near Williamsport), but grew up in NW Erie County - what are your stomping grounds?  Hope you have a great cruise!

Last night our son scored his first goal at soccer!!! It was a home game so we got to see it.  He's a sub and often plays midfield when he's in, so it was exciting to see him score.  I scored a loss of .8# this week, so at least moving in the right direction 😉 

Have a great week all!

• Like 1

Hi Everyone-

Belle- thank you for checking in.  I hope you are having a great cruise.

Jan- not gaining during a celebration week is a big win in my book.  Congratulations on your daughters wedding.

Welcome Ilovecruising.

Pacruise, well done this week.

No gain is a win Diana.

I lost 1.6# this week of what I had gained last week.  I'm hoping my body is adjusting to the new meds and I'm getting back to normal so I can continue to lose now.

• Like 2

Hi, everyone!  I cannot believe it's October already - sure doesn't feel like it here in NC.  99 degrees yesterday.  99 - what the heck?!

I am still at my recent high of 215.  I don't know what to say, but, I am determined to get myself back on track!  I've not been tracking on MFP, so got back to that today.  And I've started back on checking my blood sugar daily.  Constant struggle.  But I've still got two months till my cruise, and that should be enough time to drop a few pounds.  Online check-in is done.  Now just need to plan for what to wear, and what I'm going to pack it all in.

Belle, hope you're having a great time on your cruise!  I love the part of your poem about candy and cakes - don't make!  My sister and I have canceled our usual cookie-baking weekend in early December (mostly due to scheduling, but I think it might be time to retire that tradition).

Jan, congratulations to your daughter, and to you for not gaining through all the celebrations.

Ilovecruisingtoo,  I'm right there with you on finding the determination - we can do this!!  When is your cruise?  I leave Dec. 4th for mine.

pacruise804, great loss!  And congratulations to your son on his first goal!

winewanderer, hope you're having a great week

katmu, congrats on a great loss!!

Edited by AndyB
  • Like 2

HI all!

Belle ~ nice of you to drop by! Have fun on your cruise.

I guess I'll have to be the one to spoil the great results. I'm still playing around  with the 0.6 lbs which unfortunately this week is an add! I'm going into my cruise next week at my highest weight so know I'll set a  new record when I get back.😢

Jan ~ good going not gaining after all the celebrations! How nice to have all the family there for your DD's wedding.

Have a nice weekend. It's going to be a cold one here, frost warning in effect overnight.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Hello, I'm Jan from New Brunswick Canada and will be cruising in May 2020. Seems like lots of time to get to a decent sized bathing suit. I have about 20 lbs to lose and have tried haphazardly for the last 10 years without much success :(

My problem is not putting in the time to exercise and I know it would help a lot if I did. Working a full time job and a part time one also gets me pretty busy and the only time I would be able to exercise would be from 6-7 am. 

I also need some tips on healthy eating and some accountability. My dear husband (DH) has tried to help but it is hit and miss with him. I'm hoping that being on this forum will help me with the accountability issues I have and to meet some new people, maybe even see you on my cruise if you happen to be going on the same one. 

• Like 2

Hi all!

Jan ~ welcome to the thread! My DD lived in Fredericton for a few years but now is in St John's.

Lack of exercise is one of my problems too but I'm retired so have lots of time to do it, just don't get around to it.

This is a nice non judgemental group.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 3:01 PM, pacruise804 said:

Welcome Jan!  I loved Halifax when we visited a few years ago. 

We travel to Halifax on a regular basis.  Did you do anything interesting while there?

• Like 1

My apologies for missing the weigh in. It has been three crazy weeks. I am 89 days out from my next and first, in MANY years, 7 night cruise!! I had a birthday dinner on Thursday the 3rd (amazing food and champagne!), then dinner with a girl friend Friday. Followed by a day out and about at my nephews sporting events and then completely off the rails with football food yesterday. Thank goodness today isn't a weigh in. So, I began the UN Diet again today. I am going to combine a nutrition/workout journal into my travel blog. I hope that will add some accountability. If you're interested the link to my blog is in my profile here on CC. I will do better at making our Thursday check-ins. ❤️

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JenGi said:

We travel to Halifax on a regular basis.  Did you do anything interesting while there?

We were only there one day on a Princess cruise and it was near the end of the season so not everything on the boardwalk was open.  We walked to the Citadel and enjoyed exploring there for a few hours, then had a great lunch at Your Father's Mustache.  We had a leisurely walk around the Public Garden before returning to the ship and listened to a little music on the boardwalk on the way back.

I meant to try Beaver Tail and donair, but we weren't that hungry in the morning for the BT and were too full from lunch for donair.

In Mexico..Hot..the HUMIDITY worse than I've ever had before before. Having a great time, just staying cool.

Normal weather then cold later..winter will be coming.

Haven't written sooner, internet not working at times. Home this Sunday the 13th. Boo Hoo:classic_sad:

Jan Congrats on your daughters wedding and her being so happy and you having all your family around.

Diana saw you booked more cruises..Good for you!

Sorry can't talk to everyone, think the internet is acting up again.  Will be home soon and will talk.

You all can wish me a No=Gain Weigh-In on the 17th!:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hello,

Belle, nice you popped in. I was thinking about you the other day. We were in Mexico in October a couple of years ago and the humidity was so bad, I was wondering you were faring.

But beyond that, just the heat alone was enough to send me back to the ship. The heat of the sidewalks was burning my feet through my shoes...…...

I'm wishing you a no gain weigh-in.

Diana