Easiest access to the Whale lot?

justhappy

So we’ll be staying at the Courtyard at 300 Julia Street the night before our NCL cruise. Since we are so close to the lot we want to park in, is there a way to get to the whale lot without having to drive down to Tchoupitoulas/Henderson/Port of New Orleans Place and past the Erato terminal? 

Would it be possible to go Peters to Girod St and turn left onto Convention Center Drive and turn left into the lot?

We plan to roll our luggage to the drop off point after parking.

I know there is still construction on CC Drive, would this make turning left into the whale lot impossible?

Also I’ve seen different posts, saying to enter the lot from CCD, and also saying turn into the back of the lot of of Port of New Orleans Place. Google maps shows ticket booths on both sides.

Anyone have any insight?

Edited by justhappy

Convention Center Blvd. is still a mess with the construction going on. Just allow a little more time than usual.

You need to make a RIGHT turn from CCB into the Whale Lot. No need to take the Port Of New Orleans Place route. That would just tie you up with traffic dropping off passengers at both terminals. You can do a Google search for "New Orleans Warehouse District" and see how the streets are laid out. Most of the streets in the area are one-way, so the route you take will depend on where you park the night before.

1 hour ago, jgmpuma said:

Convention Center Blvd. is still a mess with the construction going on. Just allow a little more time than usual.

You need to make a RIGHT turn from CCB into the Whale Lot. No need to take the Port Of New Orleans Place route. That would just tie you up with traffic dropping off passengers at both terminals. You can do a Google search for "New Orleans Warehouse District" and see how the streets are laid out. Most of the streets in the area are one-way, so the route you take will depend on where you park the night before.

Thanks, I’ve already scoped out the area on google maps, and will be parking at the Courtyard the night before.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:24 PM, justhappy said:

So we’ll be staying at the Courtyard at 300 Julia Street the night before our NCL cruise. Since we are so close to the lot we want to park in, is there a way to get to the whale lot without having to drive down to Tchoupitoulas/Henderson/Port of New Orleans Place and past the Erato terminal? 

Would it be possible to go Peters to Girod St and turn left onto Convention Center Drive and turn left into the lot?

We plan to roll our luggage to the drop off point after parking.

I know there is still construction on CC Drive, would this make turning left into the whale lot impossible?

Also I’ve seen different posts, saying to enter the lot from CCD, and also saying turn into the back of the lot of of Port of New Orleans Place. Google maps shows ticket booths on both sides.

Anyone have any insight?

You're like a block or two from the lot. Man.....I'd probably check into parking in that lot a day early. Just carry what you need for the night to the hotel. Walk over the next day and grab your suitcase out of the car. Avoid the port day traffic altogether. 

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

You're like a block or two from the lot. Man.....I'd probably check into parking in that lot a day early. Just carry what you need for the night to the hotel. Walk over the next day and grab your suitcase out of the car. Avoid the port day traffic altogether. 

That’s a great idea, thanks!