Fishing Advice

BoofromCO

I am looking for any recommendations for fishing guides in Key West.  I've been there a couple of times and walked the streets and taken in the sights but want to try something different this year.  I am travelling with my husband early January 2020 and we both enjoy fishing.  We are in port 7am-5pm which makes some charters difficult since they run 8-12 and 1-5.  We don't want to be rushed going to or getting back from an outing.  I also don't know the time of year and fishing conditions well.  Not fixed on deep sea either as I think that would really push the clock.  Any first hand experiences and referrals are greatly appreciated!

20 hours ago, SpartanGirlCruiser said:

I am looking for any recommendations for fishing guides in Key West.  I've been there a couple of times and walked the streets and taken in the sights but want to try something different this year.  I am travelling with my husband early January 2020 and we both enjoy fishing.  We are in port 7am-5pm which makes some charters difficult since they run 8-12 and 1-5.  We don't want to be rushed going to or getting back from an outing.  I also don't know the time of year and fishing conditions well.  Not fixed on deep sea either as I think that would really push the clock.  Any first hand experiences and referrals are greatly appreciated!

You could do the morning (9:00 - 1:00) trip with the Tortuga IV. Bennies are that it will cost you less than a private charter, you can walk to the boat form the cruise ship docks, they provide everything you will need, and you will have plenty of time afterwards to take your catch to Dante's or the Half Shell Raw Bar who will cook 'em up for you ---> http://tortugacharters.com/trips/

Pjk

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2019 at 10:42 AM, SpartanGirlCruiser said:

I will check this out.  Like the idea of eating what we catch nothing better than your own fresh fish!  

SpartanGirlCruiser:  Any chance you will be in Key West via Edge on 1/20?  Husband and I were looking at fishing in Key West also.