Quebec - Old City Accommodations

VaHam

So I am finding it hard to find a hotel close to the Old City of Quebec.  I walk with a cane and my wife uses a scooter.  We will not have a vehicle this trip so we are limited as to how far our sightseeing can take us.  I have sent various request to different websites but I am finding it hard to find a hotel close to the Old City that can accommodate us.  Any suggestions?

I can only tell you which hotel not to stay at ! We stayed at the Hotel Manoir Victoria booked through our cruise line, it was supposed to be accessible, this turned out to be somewhat difficult, access was actually via their restaurant, who were less than enthusiastic about us traipsing through, and not especially helpful, the main entrance was up a steep flight of stairs. I also have dietary requirements, breakfast was a shambles, the waiters appeared not to be familiar with gluten and lactose free foods. It was in the old town. The cruise was great. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the Frontenac too and highly recommend it. It's a landmark hotel and accessible. The streets do have cobblestones but I don't recall that my husband's scooter had any issues. We did take taxis when we went down to the bottom of the hill, though I'm not sure it was necessary.

Kate