Help with Cabin Selection

losercruiser

Good morning,

We've been offered an upgrade from ocean view to balcony for $200 each on Pride. Trying to decide two things 1) is it worth it and 2) room selection (BS1) The following rooms are available (313, 314, 306 & 307).  Room 314 looks like it under the beauty salon or fitness center; 313 under the windspa, 306 & 307 look like they are under bridge.  I'm concerned about noise.  Any one stay in any of these rooms?  Any issues with noise?  Thanks

Edited by losercruiser

Hi, We were offered a balcony for the same price on the Breeze a few years ago. We were in 315 and it was so perfect. We were on the highest room floor, we were in the Caribbean simply great. Well worth the price because it was warm weather and we had the great warm air, wonderful sights and it was indeed quiet. I am not sure  if I was  in a cold climate it would be worth it for us. I would not go to the Caribbean on one of the motor yachts unless it was the French balcony. We are always in the Caribbean on the Surf and a completely different ship and we do not miss a balcony the  motor yachts we would. 
If you are going through the Canal you have to have a balcony, long day and you do not want to miss anything. Hope this is helpful and Happy Sailing. 

I also wouldn't worry about any of those.

Think about what direction your sailing in and book a cabin on port or starboard to meet your needs - would you rather sit and watch land or the open sea? Would you rather have morning or evening sun?

I agree with milepig.  And I feel that a $200 per person upgrade price is a good value for any sailing.  Overall, the Star Class yachts are remarkably quiet.  I would seldom make a Windstar cabin choice based upon a question of noise.  There is none.  We have been right next to the service pantry used by the cabin & room service staff (which also has a staff elevator).  Never heard anything.

I seem to recall a sign in the exercise room asking for efforts to be quiet at odd hours. Regarding POSH, we found that many sailing days are out of sight of land, so that view direction isn't very important. And it's hard to predict which side of an anchorage or pierage will a)be used b)have a better view. We've been in 315 and it was fine. Our worst noise problem there was a clueless (or deaf) neighbor who slammed the door every time they went in and out.

1 hour ago, CruiseOrLand said:

I seem to recall a sign in the exercise room asking for efforts to be quiet at odd hours. Regarding POSH, we found that many sailing days are out of sight of land, so that view direction isn't very important. And it's hard to predict which side of an anchorage or pierage will a)be used b)have a better view. We've been in 315 and it was fine. Our worst noise problem there was a clueless (or deaf) neighbor who slammed the door every time they went in and out.

We’ve had spammers as well but more often people we never even met they were so unassuming. 

Oddly, the forward classic suites are very noisy when anchoring or putting out the mooring lines. Also, many people in the front deck, they can’t see in but it is still a bit jarring.