Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Strenz

Purchase or build a Sailing Ship and another ?’s.

Recommended Posts

Hi, Thank you for taking these questions. We love Windstar Cruises as in our history of 25 cruises and 2 more scheduled in 2020. We enjoyed the motor yacht but our hearts and our souls are with the sailing ships. For us they are the perfect travel and vacation way to go. We have been asking this question for years, is there another sailing ship in the future? There always has been talk of buying the Club Med, sister ship to Wind Surf, and we recently heard one is in the plans to be built. Big question? Are you we hope and hope? 
2. For us the ships have always been beyond perfect. However, for our European friends that travel with us they have a terrible time getting information, reserving and receiving returns on emails from the Seattle office. I happily end up doing it for them but sometimes they have pertinent questions for themselves. They are fluent in English and they have never received a return email. ( they have been on 4 trips with us since 2012 and are scheduled on one in 2020).

We have met other Europeans in our travels and mentioned WS and have heard they tried to cruise with WS but getting information was simply too frustrating and they gave up. This happened with an Australian,as well, who we met on land on a Tahiti cruise with the Spirit. I wrote to WS about this encounter. This is not simply happening to them since we have been traveling with WS, 1999, Seattle has always been problematic, lagging way behind the service on the ships, it is like two different companies,  returns and correct information are not always forthcoming. My question what is Windstar  Cruises doing to remedy this?
 

Of course we are interested in an improved and expanded Loyalty Program since the cruises are mostly longer than 7 days,  and new itineraries. 
 

Thank you for answering these questions and we look forward to your answers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me just add that my TA complains about Seattle as well. In one recent event he’d worked with his contact to get a solution put together that worked for me. When he called back after a certain date finalize it as asked the agent had left WS and had left no notes on my record. My TA had to start over and wasn’t happy. As others say I do everything I can to avoid contacting Seattle. Is there a plan to rectify this. It truly is like 2 companies. On board is almost perfect, Seattle is a mess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the difficulty of responding to remora, but we continue to hear about WS maybe entering the river cruise market at some point. A WS experience in the rivers would be amazing and open up new itins for those of us why are running out of places to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 7:04 AM, Strenz said:

Hi, Thank you for taking these questions. We love Windstar Cruises as in our history of 25 cruises and 2 more scheduled in 2020. We enjoyed the motor yacht but our hearts and our souls are with the sailing ships. For us they are the perfect travel and vacation way to go. We have been asking this question for years, is there another sailing ship in the future? There always has been talk of buying the Club Med, sister ship to Wind Surf, and we recently heard one is in the plans to be built. Big question? Are you we hope and hope? 
2. For us the ships have always been beyond perfect. However, for our European friends that travel with us they have a terrible time getting information, reserving and receiving returns on emails from the Seattle office. I happily end up doing it for them but sometimes they have pertinent questions for themselves. They are fluent in English and they have never received a return email. ( they have been on 4 trips with us since 2012 and are scheduled on one in 2020).

We have met other Europeans in our travels and mentioned WS and have heard they tried to cruise with WS but getting information was simply too frustrating and they gave up. This happened with an Australian,as well, who we met on land on a Tahiti cruise with the Spirit. I wrote to WS about this encounter. This is not simply happening to them since we have been traveling with WS, 1999, Seattle has always been problematic, lagging way behind the service on the ships, it is like two different companies,  returns and correct information are not always forthcoming. My question what is Windstar  Cruises doing to remedy this?
 

Of course we are interested in an improved and expanded Loyalty Program since the cruises are mostly longer than 7 days,  and new itineraries. 
 

Thank you for answering these questions and we look forward to your answers. 

 

First of all, thank you for your loyalty!  Twenty-five cruises is a lot! The sailing ships are indeed very special and we are always looking at options to grow, so stay tuned. What country are your friends from? They should be able to get answers.

 

I’m sorry to hear about the difficulties getting information.  We have great partners we work with in Australia and Europe and most travel agents in these countries can help. And we’re always working on improving things and have made a lot of progress in the three years I’ve been at Windstar.  And we should be announcing a new loyalty program before the end of the year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. Our friends are The Fritzells from Stockholm,  Sweden. I assume the "stay  tuned " means maybe for a new/ old sailing ship! We hope so. See WS on 1/18 and 9/28 in 2020 can't wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 10:57 AM, milepig said:

Let me just add that my TA complains about Seattle as well. In one recent event he’d worked with his contact to get a solution put together that worked for me. When he called back after a certain date finalize it as asked the agent had left WS and had left no notes on my record. My TA had to start over and wasn’t happy. As others say I do everything I can to avoid contacting Seattle. Is there a plan to rectify this. It truly is like 2 companies. On board is almost perfect, Seattle is a mess. 

 

I work with a great team of dedicated colleagues in Seattle who are working very hard to improve the guest experience on and off our ships and I’m proud of the progress we’re making. I’m sorry your agent is having difficulty; if you ask her to contact her Regional Sales Manager and put her them in touch with me I’d like to learn more about what we could go better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 10:59 AM, milepig said:

I understand the difficulty of responding to remora, but we continue to hear about WS maybe entering the river cruise market at some point. A WS experience in the rivers would be amazing and open up new itins for those of us why are running out of places to go. 

 

No plans for a river cruise product at this time but I agree our style of 180 Degrees from Ordinary cruising would do well on the rivers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...