Which cruise line has the most interactive cruisers Celebrity , Princess or HAL ?

scubacruiserx2

8 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

An excellent choice sir ! We looked at the Eclipse , the Coral Princess and the Seaborne Quest . With a long pre cruise stay we opted for a Neptune Suite on the Zaandam for it's comfort and a 22 day cruise .

I don't think it matters too much which cruise line, as long as you get there. Just spectacular

30 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I don't think it matters too much which cruise line, as long as you get there. Just spectacular

Agreed , and with the new Polar Ice Codes coming soon it's going to get more difficult and expensive .

SeaDog-46

• Cool Cruiser
  • SeaDog-46
  • February 9, 2007
  •  
  • 985 posts
  • Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia

Anyone considering an Arctic or Antarctic cruise should be aware of the new IMO Polar Code that comes into full force on 1st Jan. 2022.

The code will effect all large cruise ships & current expedition vessels as they renew there 5 year certificates before 2022.

New buildings are built to the code & this is why many have delayed completion dates & are costing a lot more to build.

A few ships have had very expensive refits to meet the code requirements.

IMO-Polar-Class.jpg

Antarctic-Polar Code.jpg

Arctic-Polar Code.jpg

On 10/4/2019 at 12:19 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

The reason we joined Cruise Critic, is to be active  and interactive with fellow cruisers on our cruises. Joining Roll Calls and participating in Meet and Greets as well as shore excursions together.  Also dining together, meeting for drinks, meeting before the cruise or after the cruise and share like interests (for us it would be photography and scuba diving). We have written at least 3  photo travelogues  for each of the 3  cruise lines, to share  travel experiences and tips we have picked-up from others along the way. In the process we have made some life long friends.

Which cruise line has the most participation or interaction on Roll Calls which leads to other activities on and off the ship as a result ?

the lines are irrelevant.  it completely depends on the individual cruise itinerary's passenger make up that week.

I have taken the same exact itinerary on the same ship a few times , and each time there was a different level of friendliness,, inclusiveness and  interaction  among the passengers.    the vast majority of pax don't even know CC exists and will therefore have never  participated in any pre cruise shenanigans.  

one particular cruise  we just  ran into a few people at the pre cruise hotel and  just ended up hanging out most of the week, while another the  CC Roll call thread was massively busy  yet on board  we never saw  anyone from it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, spookwife said:

the lines are irrelevant.  it completely depends on the individual cruise itinerary's passenger make up that week.

I have taken the same exact itinerary on the same ship a few times , and each time there was a different level of friendliness,, inclusiveness and  interaction  among the passengers.    the vast majority of pax don't even know CC exists and will therefore have never  participated in any pre cruise shenanigans.  

one particular cruise  we just  ran into a few people at the pre cruise hotel and  just ended up hanging out most of the week, while another the  CC Roll call thread was massively busy  yet on board  we never saw  anyone from it.

Thank you for your input and insight .

On 10/4/2019 at 9:54 PM, mek said:

Not nice.   

And perhaps they make money with their travelogues.

In which case they shouldn't be pimping them on CC under the guise of an innocent question.  

And I think that the response was perfectly polite and appropriate.

8 hours ago, spookwife said:

Agreed, we have had similar experiences.

8 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We're trying to get the word out for people who have considered cruising there . We did book Greenland and Iceland for next Summer .

We had our eye on a cruise that included Greenland but just couldn't make it work with timing (read already had other cruises booked).

6 hours ago, ducklite said:

In which case they shouldn't be pimping them on CC under the guise of an innocent question.  

And I think that the response was perfectly polite and appropriate.

I think you will find the so called blogs are CC live cruise threads.

14 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We had our eye on a cruise that included Greenland but just couldn't make it work with timing (read already had other cruises booked).

With the trip to Antarctica done we only have Oz and New Zealand on the list ( And we're looking at Japan in Spring of 2021 ) . I'm just afraid that when finish the bucket list I'll be closer to kicking it .

20 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think you will find the so called blogs are CC live cruise threads.

We've noticed a trend on CC for people to show a few photos with a link to their blog which takes you away from CC and is for profit . We've never done this , all of our photo travelogues are on CC for free ( and worth every penny ) . We haven't been able to do a live review . BTW Mic have you seen our Norway , Iceland and Baltic review ?

14 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

With the trip to Antarctica done we only have Oz and New Zealand on the list ( And we're looking at Japan in Spring of 2021 ) . I'm just afraid that when finish the bucket list I'll be closer to kicking it .

I asked my husband what we'd do once we've finished the (very long) bucket list, and he said we'd go back to our favorites.  🙂 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ducklite said:

I asked my husband what we'd do once we've finished the (very long) bucket list, and he said we'd go back to our favorites.  🙂 

We're not through and likely never will be but will/do return to places.  But most won't be cruises.  More like an extended trip in Spain.  Or a train trip through Italy.

2 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

That is the beauty of travelling and bucket lists, after every trip, a few more places get put onto the bucket list.

2 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We've noticed a trend on CC for people to show a few photos with a link to their blog which takes you away from CC and is for profit . We've never done this , all of our photo travelogues are on CC for free ( and worth every penny ) . We haven't been able to do a live review . BTW Mic have you seen our Norway , Iceland and Baltic review ?

I think I may have, I definitely remember your trip to St Pete's but then they are always good to look at again.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I think I may have, I definitely remember your trip to St Pete's but then they are always good to look at again.

We always enjoy SPB but The Northern Isles was mostly new to us . Geiranger looks like what I imagine Milford Sound looks like .

IMG_4836_zps4hz3mk5j.jpg

Our guide brought lunch

IMG_4735%203_zpscsqau868.jpg

Iceland looks like the moon

DSC08560%202_zps2obit93r.jpg

A puffin couple

IMG_5325%202_zpsnlsroanl.jpg

IMG_5266_zpsjuzyd5xi.jpg

IMG_6094%203_zpshmg2yhfb.jpg

IMG_0722%202_zpsie3axaz0.jpg

Pat wanted to bring this pony home

IMG_6954%202_zps8ky5rspz.jpg

The full review is here :

14 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We're trying to get the word out for people who have considered cruising there . We did book Greenland and Iceland for next Summer .

May I ask which cruise line for Greenland and Iceland? Thank you. Nicole

3 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Pat wanted to bring this pony home

More likely a mini-horse than a pony.

Do you ever cruise on small ships?  We were on a 400 pax ship in Antartica and got to go ashore at four different spots.  And they took us out on zodiacs which were incredible.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:58 AM, MicCanberra said:

That Antarctica cruise has so many great memories that will remain for the rest of our lives, there really has been nothing like it.

I know you and I disagree on this but being on a smaller ship and being able to go ashore multiple times and go out in zodiacs was just extraordinary.  I'm glad I found out about the treaty.  I'd have been super disappointed to just do a 'cruise by.'

• Like 1