It Doesn't Get Any Better - Journey July '20, Black Sea. Calling My Name!

need2cruisesoon

We booked Black Sea September 202 when we were  on a cruise in September 2018.

Just looked at present prices , almost double.

There are  lot of complaints in other pieces about cheaper deals closer to the cruise date. Our policy has generally been to book on board well in advance. Sometimes we see offers on our booked cruises but when we check our booked price is lower.

I think Azamara alter the pricing structure to make the offers look more attractive.

For Sept 2020 departure we have had the same experience. CC Suite is nearly double the price than we booked on board well over a year ago.

Sane with March 2021 sailing from Cape Town to Lisbon. 

On 10/15/2019 at 4:57 AM, manc said:

For Sept 2020 departure we have had the same experience. CC Suite is nearly double the price than we booked on board well over a year ago.

Sane with March 2021 sailing from Cape Town to Lisbon. 

This is how pricing should work, ideally. As a cruise gets closer to departure the price of accommodations should rise, based on tightening supply. With the roll-out of each new promotion, we are chronologically closer to departure date...thus two things are happening, the prices are rising and a new promotion is introduced to stimulate interest.

In the macro view, when new destinations are introduced, or a new ship is introduced into inventory, future demand can be hard to predict. I think that's why our prices have fluctuated the past year. I expect them to settle back down for the time being.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

This is how pricing should work, ideally. As a cruise gets closer to departure the price of accommodations should rise, based on tightening supply. With the roll-out of each new promotion, we are chronologically closer to departure date...thus two things are happening, the prices are rising and a new promotion is introduced to stimulate interest.

In the macro view, when new destinations are introduced, or a new ship is introduced into inventory, future demand can be hard to predict. I think that's why our prices have fluctuated the past year. I expect them to settle back down for the time being.

I do agree that prices are dependent upon supply and demand, but Azamara's current pricing model to me is just crazy. Bear in mind the starting point of a suite is high to start with. To double it to me is obscene. 

Antarctica this year was a good example. The price for a lowly window cabin doubled and then halved again. And this was not a cheap cruise to start with. Then they fire sold the cabins at the end and the ship wasn't even full. 

I don't mind certain price fluctuations, but from £12,000 at the top per window cabin to £5500 at the bottom (not including the interline rates that went down to £3500) is just crazy. I know the deal now, but I also know first hand of some that paid way more than others. How does that make them feel and will they come back to Azamara?   Hmmmm. 

Phil 

I believe this cruise will settle down a bit but not the pricing levels of the 2021 Black Sea Cruise.

So I will look at booking for the following year, the itinerary is great and want to experience these ports.

Thanks for the help and assistance to all and Bonnie who I think is my neighbor up here in God's Country...:)

28 minutes ago, need2cruisesoon said:

Thanks for the help and assistance to all and Bonnie who I think is my neighbor up here in God's Country...:)

Howdy neighbor! Though we are in West Marin...about two hours away from you, depending on traffic.

12 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Howdy neighbor! Though we are in West Marin...about two hours away from you, depending on traffic.

That sounds about right Bonnie, W Marin is nice!

We did a couple days up at Sea Ranch and that was 3 1/2 hours, highway 1 was a real adventure..no plans to go back anytime soon.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 4:27 AM, need2cruisesoon said:

I believe this cruise will settle down a bit but not the pricing levels of the 2021 Black Sea Cruise.

So I will look at booking for the following year, the itinerary is great and want to experience these ports.

Ron, I wouldn't count on Black Sea or Japan cruises coming too far down in price.  They don't do enough of these itineraries and the demand among Azamara regulars is ripe for these cruises.  I'm looking at Japan for April 2021 and Oceania is affordable and Azamara is not.  All things being equal, I'd much prefer Azamara.  I might book Oceania and then cancel if Azamara prices come down.  I'd love to book while on the ship, but I can't count on any price drop.