Santorini - Nov 6 - NCL Star

Jaclyn1945

I am going on the NCL Star and will be in Santorini on November 6. Our cruise gets in at 2pm, and our wish is to go to Oia to get a spot at a restaurant for some wine and dinner to watch the sunset and then wander back toward Fira before going back down to the ship. My concern is that we're on the outside of the tourist season, and I'm worried that we'll go over to Oia and everything will be closed. We already tried to get a reservation at one place that said they would not be open.

1. Does anyone have any recommendations for restaurants that have a few of the sunset that would take a reservation for Nov. 6th?

2. Are the local buses only running every hour at this time of year? Are there taxi services?

3. I had read that there was an option to take a water taxi from the port to the base of Oia that included a motorbus ticket to the top. Is that true and if so will it be in operation on Nov. 6?

Thanks so much for any responses!!

You might want to contact the local Tourist Info offices with your questions re buses, water taxis, restaurants etc. for a November date as they might know for sure.

Depending on what you hear back, you could take a chance and go without a reservation as there will be fewer tourists around.  Alternatively you could try Fira instead, or even stay onboard and watch from there, and have dinner later. 

Depends how early you want dinner anyway, as it will be dark around 5-00pm or 5-30pm-ish!

Thanks for the responses! I guess another question is how important do you think Oia is to a trip to Santorini this time of year? I am looking at just staying in Fira, but my travel mates are thinking it would be sad for us to miss out on Oia. 

10 hours ago, Jaclyn1945 said:

Thanks for the responses! I guess another question is how important do you think Oia is to a trip to Santorini this time of year? I am looking at just staying in Fira, but my travel mates are thinking it would be sad for us to miss out on Oia. 

We want to take the boat to Oia, look around and then take the bus back to Fira to site see. We may do this all on our own without a tour guide.

That's exactly what we were thinking of doing, but not sure if the boats would be running to Oia that time of  year. Looked and Santorini doesn't have a tourist office that I can find at least to ask some of these questions, will see what else I can find. 

We're there a few days later than you on the Epic. The ships excursions and private providers all seem to be running trips to Oia, so I'd guess there will be at least a few places open to cater to those tourists. If you're worried about getting there and back, try a tour and book the restaurant in Fira. This company seems to be open, and I think they run the motorboat you're referring to. http://www.aegeantravellersantorini.com/transfer-to-oia-by-speedboat-private-bus-back-to-fira/ 

Last time I was there, the view from the ship was actually amazing, so don't feel you have to be on shore. 

14469497_10154625076873092_8902315094274704526_n_10154625076873092.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...