"tableside preparations" on Grand Princess

Prawdzik

Can someone please define "Tableside Preparations" as stated on Princess website for our Club Class Minisuite, Hawaii cruise Nov. 2019.  Does this mean I can expect a tableside prepared and tossed romaine lettuce, fresh egg, Caesar salad in the traditional style?  Or a hand tossed spinach salad with tableside warm dressing?  Is this service provided in the main dining room?

Edited by Prawdzik
add

2 hours ago, Prawdzik said:

Can someone please define "Tableside Preparations" as stated on Princess website for our Club Class Minisuite, Hawaii cruise Nov. 2019.  Does this mean I can expect a tableside prepared and tossed romaine lettuce, fresh egg, Caesar salad in the traditional style?  Or a hand tossed spinach salad with tableside warm dressing?  Is this service provided in the main dining room?

Haven’t seen true table side preparation in years; no table side salad prep in many, many years. There will be a special pasta freshly prepared by the table captain in your table’s section one night. Usually a very strong garlic pasta. 

I’m afraid you’re likely to be disappointed if you’re imagining a made from scratch Caesar salad (for example).  The right image is one of the host combining already prepared ingredients in the dining room somewhere, certainly not table side.

Generally there is little to no actual “cooking” though one may occasionally smell garlic being sautéed before the rest of a previously prepared sauce is added, followed by pasta prepared well in advance.

That’s not to say we haven’t enjoyed some club class meals prepared in the dining room, we have, but the fact is they’re generally mixing prepared ingredients in small batches rather than doing any actual cooking.  Also realize that some hosts LOVE this activity and put their heart into it.  Others simply go through the motions preferring to interact with guests in other ways.  You’ll know within the first day or two where your hosts heart lies - we adjust to favor hand made dishes when the hosts enjoy the task and minimize them when the host does not.  

Our neighbours just returned from their cruise and had a Club Class Mini Suite.  They said that it was just okay.  Dining is still in MDR, just a separate location and the food was fine, but not memorable.  They said that the price they paid was really not worth what they received.  They had expected something "special" and it just didn't live up to their expectations.  It is not like Blu on Celebrity at all!  Well worth the price to have a dedicated restaurant.  I'm sure that some folks just love CC, so to each their own.

On the Majestic, my experience of ‘tableside preperations’ was having a spoon of mint jelly put on my plate one evening, with another evening having my dinner roll split for me.  The advertised extra menu items were not dazzling ... 2 onion rings as our extra one evening and an additional gravy choice the next. Certainly not worth the money IMO. 😊

On 10/5/2019 at 5:34 AM, Prawdzik said:

On one cruise at a Head Chef's Q&A the chef mentioned that they do not use fresh eggs in their Caesar salad. All eggs used in salad prep. are pasteurized for health reasons.