Booking larger family rooms

fitbit

Can rooms for 5 be booked through Costco?

Or do we need to individually call each cruise company? I found a couple that have their rooms of 5 online, but others don't seem to book anything past 4 online which seems very discriminatory. (I'm deaf so phone is not easy)

29 minutes ago, fitbit said:

Can rooms for 5 be booked through Costco?

Or do we need to individually call each cruise company? I found a couple that have their rooms of 5 online, but others don't seem to book anything past 4 online which seems very discriminatory. (I'm deaf so phone is not easy)

Carnival allows guests to book rooms with occupancy for up to five guests. Since you did not specify which cruise line, I am not sure their specific rules.

Thanks and yes I found that Carnival and Norwegian are the only cruise ships where rooms for 5 can be booked online.

RCL and Celebrity do have rooms for 5 but they only have online booking for rooms up to 4 people.

Oh, I'm so sorry.  I did know that for most of the cruise lines you need to call for more than 4 people but never thought about how hard that would be for some customers.  Is there any chance you can contact the disability services office, and ask them to provide you with an email or forward your email to booking so you can try to book through email instead of speaking on the phone?

We almost always have been a family of 5 sometimes add a grandparent, but always do two rooms one double and one triple.  We did splurge once for a suite on Disney and balcony several times on Princess, but in the end never found the value of that, YMMV.

Oh, always thru Costco after some research still find them pretty good value.

Edited by chipmaster
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, cb at sea said:

Just call...it's not that hard!  Just make sure you have the deck plans in front of you so you KNOW what you're paying for!  

Did you not read the OP? They said they are deaf so yes, it would be hard for them.

OP: I would email a TA and have them help with booking a larger room. I have the same issue booking a cruise as we are a family of 6. For our upcoming cruise we booked 2 rooms. I did it with an online TA because they had a better deal than the cruise line.

I did find that HAL and maybe Princess would let you book 2 rooms in one booking so that would be a way to book as well if you decided to not go for 1 room. Everytime I've looked it's been cheaper to get 2 rooms versus one of the suites that sleep more people.

I don't know if you found a solution but HALs 2 newest ships (and the one being presently built) have family ocean view cabins that accommodate 5 and they can be booked online. I just did a dummy booking to test it. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 6:45 PM, travkesa said:

Did you not read the OP? They said they are deaf so yes, it would be hard for them.

Sadly, she rarely reads the whole post and is a veritable treasure trove of misinformation. 

Meanwhile, I would also suggest checking into two connecting cabins. Often cheaper AND you get two bathrooms. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...