Cruise Critic Community
Pduaime

What happens on a No Show for a dining reservation

Obviously I would not do this intentionally, but if I don't show up for a dining reservation without cancelling, is it still deducted from my dining package?     I made a 6:15 dinner reservation for our day in Curacao, but just realized that we are in port until 8:00 pm that day.   What happens if I'm having fun in port and aren't ready to head back to the ship in time for my dinner reservation?  

We were on the Escape in June thought our reservation was for 6 PM, and showed up at La Cuchina at 5:50 PM.

We found out our reservation was at 5:30, we were told we missed it and lost out. We did not make a big deal out of it, and went to the MDR. Not sure if we could have complained and got satisfaction, but it was our fault. so we will use it as a lesson learned. Won't happen again.

If you make a reservation using your SDP and miss the reservation you will lose that night's dinner. If you make a reservation for dinner at a specialty dining room and are a no show, you will be charged. 

23 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

If you make a reservation using your SDP and miss the reservation you will lose that night's dinner. If you make a reservation for dinner at a specialty dining room and are a no show, you will be charged. 

Curious what would they charge you for a la carte like at Cagney's?

2 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

I believe that you are incorrect; as a no show you will not be charged. 

I would think they would work you in at a different time or you could go to a different specialty restaurant or on a different night in place of the one you missed.  We have never missed a SDP reservation so I really don't know with absolute certainty.

5 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

how is that possible? in almost every restaurant i been at onboard the ship. the waiter usually asks me for my card towards the end of the meal and i tell him that i want to use SDP or the voucher

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:57 PM, Pduaime said:

Obviously I would not do this intentionally, but if I don't show up for a dining reservation without cancelling, is it still deducted from my dining package?     I made a 6:15 dinner reservation for our day in Curacao, but just realized that we are in port until 8:00 pm that day.   What happens if I'm having fun in port and aren't ready to head back to the ship in time for my dinner reservation?  

I do know that they post that there will be a charge for a no show. Not sure how much it is and not sure how regularly it's enforced. But just to point out there's a bit of a disconnect between "I would not do this intentionally" and "what happens if I'm having fun in port and aren't ready to head back to the ship". Reservations fill up a spot that could have gone to someone else. On my last cruise we made all of our reservations ahead of time and on day 2 or 3 of a 10 day cruise I went to the reservation desk to see if I could change one and all that had left were time slots after 9. Honest mistakes are honest mistakes. But knowing you have a reservation but decide you are having too much fun in port to head back isn't an honest mistake. If you are worried that that time is too early for that day why not change it now or immediately upon boarding (if we everything online is full).

On 10/6/2019 at 7:26 AM, newmexicoNita said:

This is incorrect. They do not charge you is you miss a reservation even at a specialty restaurant.

10 hours ago, zqvol said:

This is incorrect. They do not charge you is you miss a reservation even at a specialty restaurant.

Read my post number 9. I did mention I was going by what used to happen and the Freestyle daily does or did anyway state there would be a charge.. It appears my information is a bit out dated.. We do have friends that were charged but again, this was a few years ago. 

Just change the reservation to a later time when you get on board, if something is available, or another day.  I do know, if I recall correctly, there is a sign at the restaurants that you will be charged if you are a no show.  I honestly can say, I missed a reservation once, my husband and I fell asleep and slept right through it, but the concierge was able to change the reservation and we went later......he even called us to let us know he knew we missed our reservation!  I felt awful.....

On 10/5/2019 at 7:57 PM, Pduaime said:

If they charge you, just go to the front desk and tell them you went to the restaurant at the time of the reservation and the line was out the door, and you had to eat right away due to your husband/wives low sugar so you ended up in the buffet.  My guess is they will either refund or reschedule you.

Have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, Sam Ting said:

If they charge you, just go to the front desk and tell them you went to the restaurant at the time of the reservation and the line was out the door, and you had to eat right away due to your husband/wives low sugar so you ended up in the buffet.  My guess is they will either refund or reschedule you.

Have a great cruise!

So just go lie to them...nice...

1 hour ago, Sam Ting said:

Have a great cruise!

Wow, just make up any lie.  How about being honest and let the chips fall where they may and if you get charged, it will be a wake up call to remember to cancel the reservations. 

I am going to assume that Sam Ting was only kidding about telling a lie about spouse being a diabetic.   Since my DH is a diabetic its not something to speak lightly about.   Just saying.