Crown Princess, forward cabin which dining room?

PaperSniper4

We're sailing on the Crown next month. Our ME cabin is forward of the forward elevators. We have assigned "early seating". I assumed we'd be using a midship MDR,  either the Da Vinci on deck 6, or the Michelangelo on deck 5. However, I thought I read somewhere that the fully aft Botticelli on deck 6 was used for all traditional dinning. I hope that is not correct; can anyone confirm? That's a pretty long hike! 😉

Thanks

Doug

Yes, on all the Princess ships I've been on, the Traditional Dining room has been on deck 6, aft. You need to take the aft elevators to go directly to it (can't walk from mid-ship to aft on 6 due to galleys) or take the forward or mid-ship elevators to 7 and walk to aft, then either take those elvators or just walk down stairs.

2 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Yes, on all the Princess ships I've been on, the Traditional Dining room has been on deck 6, aft. You need to take the aft elevators to go directly to it (can't walk from mid-ship to aft on 6 due to galleys) or take the forward or mid-ship elevators to 7 and walk to aft, then either take those elvators or just walk down stairs.

yes, that is correct, but on many ships they use one of the mid-ship dining rooms for traditional early seating before opening it up to anytime dining.....they certainly have done that on the Crown when we have been aboard.

Yes, the DaVinci will have early TD and then it turns over to ATD as the tables empty.  The MD will fill as many tables as possible with TD in the aft DR (Botticelli) first and then use the mid-ship one because that gives his staff most flexibility to accommodate the ATD crowd.  You may get lucky, but you may have to request to be moved to mid-ship.

43 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We're sailing on the Crown next month. Our ME cabin is forward of the forward elevators. We have assigned "early seating". I assumed we'd be using a midship MDR,  either the Da Vinci on deck 6, or the Michelangelo on deck 5. However, I thought I read somewhere that the fully aft Botticelli on deck 6 was used for all traditional dinning. I hope that is not correct; can anyone confirm? That's a pretty long hike! 😉

Thanks

Doug

DR is not based on cabin location.

It will not be Michelangelo, deck 5. That DR is used between 5pm and 9pm for anytime dining. The DaVinci DR, deck 6 is used for traditional dining, I think 5pm seating. I think the early seating in the aft Botticelli DR is 5:15pm.

I'm the OP. Hoping for assignment to the Da Vinci. I plan to meet with the Maitre d'  soon after boarding in the hope he can get me a shorter walk to our MDR. When I booked this cruise the distance to the MDR was not an issue; unfortunately, it is now.

Thanks to all you helpfully posted.😎

On 10/6/2019 at 7:19 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm the OP. Hoping for assignment to the Da Vinci. I plan to meet with the Maitre d'  soon after boarding in the hope he can get me a shorter walk to our MDR. When I booked this cruise the distance to the MDR was not an issue; unfortunately, it is now.

Thanks to all you helpfully posted.😎

Good plan. Meet and make your request. I believe they will do all they can to accommodate your needs.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:19 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm the OP. Hoping for assignment to the Da Vinci. I plan to meet with the Maitre d'  soon after boarding in the hope he can get me a shorter walk to our MDR.

As others have posted, there are two early dining rooms. However, they start at different times.

The earlier of the two will be in a mid-ship dining room. The later of the two will be in the aft dining roomn.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

As others have posted, there are two early dining rooms. However, they start at different times.

The earlier of the two will be in a mid-ship dining room. The later of the two will be in the aft dining roomn.

Thanks, got it. Our early seating is 1700, I didn't see one later when I booked, but then I only booked about 15 months in advance. That's what I get for waiting so long to book! Gosh, it's getting so we need to book the day the schedule is posted to get the cabin and seating we want! Yipes! <g>

Anyway, I think we are going to be okay assuming DaVinci is the MDR for our seating. In any event, I will visit the Maitre d' ASAP after boarding to plead my case.

Doug

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks, got it. Our early seating is 1700, I didn't see one later when I booked, but then I only booked about 15 months in advance. That's what I get for waiting so long to book! Gosh, it's getting so we need to book the day the schedule is posted to get the cabin and seating we want! Yipes! <g>

Anyway, I think we are going to be okay assuming DaVinci is the MDR for our seating. In any event, I will visit the Maitre d' ASAP after boarding to plead my case.

Doug

The MD meets with passengers for requests like yours on embarkation day.

The time/place will be listed in the embarkation day Patter.

It is usually held in one of the DR's from 2p-3:30p.

There can be a line so get there early if you can.

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Before you get in the line for the MD, look at your cruise card...your dining room is listed on the card (lower right corner under your name).

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Before you get in the line for the MD, look at your cruise card...your dining room is listed on the card (lower right corner under your name).

Isn't Crown a Medallion Class ship?  Do you get a cruise card in addition to the OM?  I've not yet done a OM cruise so I don't know...

50 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Isn't Crown a Medallion Class ship?  Do you get a cruise card in addition to the OM?  I've not yet done a OM cruise so I don't know...

It's my understanding (also never had a Medallion), that there's a card in your cabin with the MDR assignment...otherwise how would you know where to go to eat?

5 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Roger that, but I also want to talk to him about table assignments......we are celebrating our 50th anniversary and I'd like to get a table for two. Wish me luck. 😉

On 10/8/2019 at 10:18 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

Is it Imbedded in the medallion as well?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

On 10/6/2019 at 10:19 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

My experience -- on the first afternoon if you go to meet with the maitre d' ...

There will be a hostess to either give you a number, or seat you in order...

Often they know the details of your assigned dining.   You can verify if they have given you

what you want, and potentially skip the wait.

17 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

My experience -- on the first afternoon if you go to meet with the maitre d' ...

There will be a hostess to either give you a number, or seat you in order...

Often they know the details of your assigned dining.   You can verify if they have given you

what you want, and potentially skip the wait.

That has been our experience also, thanks. We're a little finicky about where we sit, and when we travel with family we like a table for our family unit if possible. We generally have had very good success speaking with the maitre d' on the first day.