Thinking of going to South America and Antarctica on Princess ?

scubacruiserx2

On 10/7/2019 at 10:23 PM, gottagocit said:

I get this. I really do. And I see this purists response pretty often on these boards. And that’s okay. 

However I find it fascinating that no one considers a visit to Glacier Bay National Park during an Alaskan cruise to be a “drive by” even though most know you can opt to kayak or take small boats into the park from the tiny nearby town of Gustavus and camp or otherwise go ashore. In this case it isn’t a requirement that one tramps ashore and further impacts wildlife or the land environment in some way before being the visit can be considered legitimate?

Same for the fjords of Norway or New Zealand. Believe me I’ve asked many times not once did someone refer to those destinations in that way. Lol. 

Oh and anyone who has cruised down the Nile knows it’s simply an amazing experience and doesn’t require that you wad into the waters from the river bank to qualify as having been there although most of the boats do stop 2-3 places between Luxor and Aswan for temple site visits. 

Just food for thought. 

Good post, those 'purists' as you call it, are just jealous they paid 4 times the amount for a very similar experience.

31 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Good post, those 'purists' as you call it, are just jealous they paid 4 times the amount for a very similar experience.

If our " drive by "cruises  only rated a 10 Mic it's only because the expedition ships , like Nigel Tufnel's Amps , can go one better - to 11 . 😊

21 minutes ago, lois1112 said:

All I say again is WOW....keep posting. I am getting so excited for my "sail by" cruise in January. 

Thanks Lois . We're excited for you . We spent a lot of time outdoors just soaking it all in . I kinda got a little snow blind taking pictures in the bright sunlight . 😎

Remember to have spare batteries for your camera, the cold really zaps them, Try and keep your camera warm, and keep the spares inside your cabin when possible. The batteries tend to run out but when you warm them back up, you will find there is still life in them, so they do not take that long to recharge.