Footstools back yet?

lizinindy

51 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

We can only hope Celebrity doesn't decide to remove them again after she has been revolutionized!!

They were never removed from the Reflection.  They were removed when a ship was revolutionized.  So far that has been the Millennium, Summit and Equinox.

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

They were never removed from the Reflection.  They were removed when a ship was revolutionized.  So far that has been the Millennium, Summit and Equinox.

Wow didnt know that...doesnt sound like an improvement...why would they take them away??

AFAIK, there has been no official announcement that the footstools will be returning....only one statement from someone on the ship.  I wouldn't count on those footstools ever returning.....footstools cost $'s.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 10:20 AM, jelayne said:

I think the person who reported footstools would be returning said they were told that they had been ordered but it would take a few months before the ship got them.  

That was me. I was told two months. You can always send an email to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Make a list of what you want to request upon embarkation.  On my last cruise on Reflection,  we were missing many amenities that you take for granted.  Among the missing were smooth soap, shower caps, pen, paper, tote bag, footstools, water pitcher, ice bucket and laundry tickets. Asked for all of these. Got some from the cabin steward. He refused to get shower caps or smooth soap.  Told me that it was only available in suites. Had to visit guest services.   It was a hassle.  As a result, I now travel with my own toiletries.  I have given up assuming that a cruise will have the same amenities as the last cruise.  I understand cutbacks are implemented to reduce operating costs.   Making more profit is the standard for any business.  However, too many cutbacks changes the cruise experience.  It sets the tone of the cruise.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Making more profit is the standard for any business.  However, too many cutbacks changes the cruise experience.  It sets the tone of the cruise.  

I don't have any problem with the toiletries provided and don't want to be charged extra for things I don't want.  Works for me.

2 hours ago, billslowsky said:

I don't have any problem with the toiletries provided and don't want to be charged extra for things I don't want.  Works for me.

Have you tried the Celebrity Brand shampoo?   First stop at the first port was to buy shampoo....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

LLP  has said all you need to do is request a footstool and they will get you one.  If it comes from the CEO it must be true.

This is from the same CEO that said that they were once again going to give daily water to aqua passengers (they did, but only that cruise so people stopped complaining to LLP who was on that cruise)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Re: Calicakes above response about being the person to whom was told footstools would be ordered and arrive in a couple of months: The picture of the footstool she received after complaining about the handicap shower stool she received upon first request, was of a footstool that was taken from the Retreat Sun deck. I saw several of them up there.  I would not hold my breath about receiving foot stools on any of the "revolutionized" ships. 

Well folks...here's the "official" word emailed to me from Celebrity as to my footstool inquiry:

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises. We are delighted you will be sailing with our cruise line. I am pleased to have this opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

At this time Celebrity Cruises will continue with the new stateroom layout and design that was proposed in our fleet wide Celebrity Revolution. Unfortunately, there currently are no plans to place the footstools back in the staterooms. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I can advise that you are more than welcome to bring your inflatable footstool onboard the ship. 

Edited by lizinindy
spelling
  • Haha 1