Mardis Gras

Eli_6

This is a spin off of the Havana area post wherein there was discussion about the fact that there is no pool in the Havana area.   I was looking at the plans and there is a pool, but no spa.  There is no spa in the Loft 19 area either.  Then, I noticed there only appeared to be 2 spas by the Tides pool and another two tiny ones on the side of the boat on the same floor as the Havana area by "The Watering Hole."  This seems like a small number of spas for a really big ship.  Do you think they will add more?

I'm not expecting the Havana pool to be more than a couple of inches deep and more like a cool off area  similar to how the current Havana area is set up under the little huts - shady area with a couple of inches of water.  I imagine this area is like the current deck 5 promenade on the Vista, it's an outcrop over the lifeboats. 

1 hour ago, iamsteph said:

I'm not expecting the Havana pool to be more than a couple of inches deep and more like a cool off area  similar to how the current Havana area is set up under the little huts - shady area with a couple of inches of water.  I imagine this area is like the current deck 5 promenade on the Vista, it's an outcrop over the lifeboats. 

They aren't going to be selling many Havana cabins at the $900+ premium they are putting on them over a regular balcony if that's all they are offering!  Especially not considering you don't even have a private balcony but instead a porch that looks out on to a public walkway.

Frankly, I am going to be pissed if I paid in excess of $1800 for my husband and myself over a regular balcony for a private splash pool.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

They aren't going to be selling many Havana cabins at the $900+ premium they are putting on them over a regular balcony if that's all they are offering!  Especially not considering you don't even have a private balcony but instead a porch that looks out on to a public walkway.

Frankly, I am going to be pissed if I paid in excess of $1800 for my husband and myself over a regular balcony for a private splash pool.

You paid an extra $1800 for a Havana room over a regular balcony? Surely I read that wrong?!? I didn't pay that much for my entire Mardi Gras cruise for me and my Mom combined!

• Like 1

My wife and I missed out on booking a Havana room on the Vista and Horizon, so when Mardi Gras sailings went on sale back in January, we booked Havana. Not having a spa or a pool in that area will be disappointing. It won't ruin our vacation in anyway, but we were hoping that it would have the same amenities as the Vista Class.

I will jump in here, I was fairly outspoken on this topic on an earlier thread regarding the Havana Cabana areas on the Mardi Gras.  We are actually booked in a HC room for the first cruise out of Copenhagen.  I agree that the web pages are a little vague.  There are pools on the deck plans on different floors that are unlabeled.  It certainly is true that the layout of the Havana area is on the starboard side and unlike the Vista or Horizon.  All that said, I am reserving final analysis till we see more mockups of the space.   

• Like 2

They may change things or maybe they just have decided on a different design rather than the traditional.  Looks like the serenity deck has a pool as well...I can't recall if any other ships have a pool on the serenity or just hot tubs.  I always notice the hot tubs in the main pool area are under-utilized except by kids, while the tides pool area are usually used by adults.

• Like 1

Curious as to where you folks are seeing current configurations of deck plans.  I'm only seeing a lot of blue space on the aft of several decks, including Deck 5.   I thought I had originally seen an area called "family land" or some such , but not family harbor, in the middle of the aft section there with the Havana deck shoved to the starboard side.  But that's not up now on 3 different sites.

We also booked Havana on the Mardi Gras for Jan. 2021. Like others we have been comparing the differences between the Horizon and what we are seeing for the Mardi Gras, and I guess the best way to put it is we have concerns. We too will withhold final judgement until we actually experience it, but it does seem as though with this newest configuration, they are attempting to put more higher cost cabins into the Havana category, while at the same time somewhat reducing the amenity's exclusiveness, which in my opinion would reduce the 'premium' value. It will be interesting to see if Vista and Horizon Havanas generate loyalties similar to what the Spirit class ships have, over the newer version. 

• Like 1

Carnivals own deck plans for the Mardi Gras

Deck 5

Thermal Suites POOL

Deck 8

Havana POOL

Watering Hole POOL, 2 Hot Tubs

Deck 16

Beach POOL 1 Hot Tub Attached?

Tides POOL 2 Hot Tubs

Deck 18

Serenity POOL 2 Hot Tubs

Deck 19 POOL

So

7 Hot Tubs

7 Pools

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Curious as to where you folks are seeing current configurations of deck plans.  I'm only seeing a lot of blue space on the aft of several decks, including Deck 5.   I thought I had originally seen an area called "family land" or some such , but not family harbor, in the middle of the aft section there with the Havana deck shoved to the starboard side.  But that's not up now on 3 different sites.

On the TA site for me

Edited by jimbo5544

17 hours ago, jasong38501 said:

You paid an extra $1800 for a Havana room over a regular balcony? Surely I read that wrong?!? I didn't pay that much for my entire Mardi Gras cruise for me and my Mom combined!

A Havana Cabana on the 14 day Transatlantic Mardis Gras sailing is $900 more per person than a regular balcony if you look it up as of yesterday on Carnival's website.  Considering this sailing has only 5 port stops (I think), there will be a lot of sea days.

2 hours ago, ishap said:

They may change things or maybe they just have decided on a different design rather than the traditional.  Looks like the serenity deck has a pool as well...I can't recall if any other ships have a pool on the serenity or just hot tubs.  I always notice the hot tubs in the main pool area are under-utilized except by kids, while the tides pool area are usually used by adults.

Just an FYI, Sunshine and Spirit callas ships have a pool in the Serenity area. 

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

Carnivals own deck plans for the Mardi Gras

Deck 5

Thermal Suites POOL

Deck 8

Havana POOL

Watering Hole POOL, 2 Hot Tubs

Deck 16

Beach POOL 1 Hot Tub Attached?

Tides POOL 2 Hot Tubs

Deck 18

Serenity POOL 2 Hot Tubs

Deck 19 POOL

So

7 Hot Tubs

7 Pools

I added after I made the original post that I had not noticed the two spas on the Serenity. So that makes 6... although, the 2 in the watering hole look absolutely tiny.  The plans do not label the beach pool as having a spa.  I think it may be a splash pad for young children.  There is also the waterworks area.

Edited by Eli_6

45 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I added after I made the original post that I had not noticed the two spas on the Serenity. So that makes 6... although, the 2 in the watering hole look absolutely tiny.  The plans do not label the beach pool as having a spa.  I think it may be a splash pad for young children.  There is also the waterworks area.

While it may not have all that much interest for you, the Waterworks area in Carnivals thought process replaces a pool.

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

While it may not have all that much interest for you, the Waterworks area in Carnivals thought process replaces a pool.

EXACTLY my point. There are pools in EIGHT locations on the ship.  There are spas in ONLY three. 

So some tiny pool in the Havana area seems hardly worth the premium.  

Edited by Eli_6

41 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

EXACTLY my point. There are pools in EIGHT locations on the ship.  There are spas in ONLY three. 

I will see on 8/31

14 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I believe you, I was just stating where I found them, the TA site also has some descriptions.  

Thanks for the link.   As I was looking on Deck 5, I missed the stuff on deck 8.  But that now looks like all to be Summer landing. With the Pig n Anchor and Steak House toward the aft. Couple of spas a small pool.  Cabins are forward.  Still not seeing anything labelled "Havana".  Maybe my old eyes are missing something.  Because I originally thought I saw the Havana area to the starboard of Summer Landing. Not seeing that now.  If I may ask, what's your cabin number?  that might help me.  I think we're fine with our spa cove in January, but always like to see what available.

41 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Thanks for the link.   As I was looking on Deck 5, I missed the stuff on deck 8.  But that now looks like all to be Summer landing. With the Pig n Anchor and Steak House toward the aft. Couple of spas a small pool.  Cabins are forward.  Still not seeing anything labelled "Havana".  Maybe my old eyes are missing something.  Because I originally thought I saw the Havana area to the starboard of Summer Landing. Not seeing that now.  If I may ask, what's your cabin number?  that might help me.  I think we're fine with our spa cove in January, but always like to see what available.

It is summer landing, we are in cabin 8301

15 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I booked an 8E balcony on 14 that looks to have a huge balcony compared to the other 8E’s. I figure I’ll book a week Loft 19 pass. It will probably end up cheaper than booking a Havana balcony and get basically what the Havana area offers but a private balcony. If the Havana area offered a private dining room I may think differently but yeah it doesn’t look like it’s worth the premium to me at this time. I’m also not happy with what they did with the spa and the spa rooms but aside from that I think the ship looks great.