Scooter for rent at the port

Lottacruises

The only port I have ever seen a kiosk for mobility scooters is Long Beach (not that I have been to every embarkation port).  At most embarkation ports, you have to pre-arrange a mobility scooter and it is waiting for you in your cabin.  I did noticed at Long Beach, they had a sign out saying that there were some available.  I do believe that is because the vendor is there on-site at the kiosk.  

Carnival and the other cruise lines contract with other vendors to provide the scooters. Carnival may "advertise" them for rent but the scooters themselves aren't owned by the cruise lines or at least none were.when I was a TA.

At some ports, you can pick the pre-arranged scooter up at a kiosk in the terminal, rather than in your cabin.  Unless there was a sign from the vendor that they were for rent, they were most likely scooters that had been rented and were waiting to be placed in the cabins, or had been used on the previous cruise and were waiting to be picked up by the vendor.  EM

27 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

At some ports, you can pick the pre-arranged scooter up at a kiosk in the terminal, rather than in your cabin.  Unless there was a sign from the vendor that they were for rent, they were most likely scooters that had been rented and were waiting to be placed in the cabins, or had been used on the previous cruise and were waiting to be picked up by the vendor.  EM

I imagine prearranged would go through the dock, not the passenger ramp. 

42 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

Carnival and the other cruise lines contract with other vendors to provide the scooters. Carnival may "advertise" them for rent but the scooters themselves aren't owned by the cruise lines or at least none were.when I was a TA.

Correct. Carnival has provided a few wheelchairs but they are not guaranteed. 

I am renting a scooter for my upcoming cruise out of Long Beach through special needs at sea and they have told me that I will be able to pick it up at the terminal and take it onboard myself as they now have a kiosk at the terminal. So wonderful that I will be able to use it for embarking and disembarking! Yay! 

Edited by jensue1
  • Like 1