Boudicca evening entertainment

newbiewaves

Yes there are two shows a night. The early show for late sitting dining is about 7:30 pm ish and the late show for early sitting dining is around 9:30 pm ish. Precise times will be in your Daily Paper or on the Fred Olsen phone app which I find very usable for all kinds of info onboard.  It’s free to use, no internet package is needed. 

1 hour ago, Coravel said:

It's always been the other way around when I've cruised with Fred Olsen.  

How is that possible? Early dinner starts at  6:15/6:30 pm so the early diner show is after early sitting dinner..,about 9:30 pm give or take 15 mins or so. And then vice verse for the late sitting...it has been on my Fred cruises  anyway but I stand to be corrected if that’s not the general consensus! 😄

I’m on Balmoral in a week so I can check it out. 

Well we dine at 8.30 pm so if there is anything we may like to see that doesnt fit in we can always buffet but mainly these shows are to pass the time. Will pass on any phone app i hate them with a passion as a necessary evil that hate my fingers and dont play ball..... 7.30 pm isn't too early luckily and we can then eat at leisure. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

All the Fred cruises bar one I have been on had the evening show for 1st sitting at about 8:00pm and second show for late diners at 10:00pm. The bar one, changed these times so that late diners went to an early show about 7:00pm, they soon realised the bar taking went down and went back to the other times, unless they are trying out the earlier time again. Hope not.

Edited by ovccruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Braemar has had the before dinner show slot for late diners at times when we have been on board, whereas the other ships tend to go for the after dinner slot in our experience.  The reason we were given for the earlier show on Braemar is that they then put on extra entertainment after second dinner that all passengers have the option to attend.  That is usually some sort of cabaret done by the in house entertainers or perhaps the show group in the Coral, when a visiting entertainer is on in the show lounge that night.

As mentioned by another poster it can vary, which I think largely depends on the area/length of the cruise, so you just have to see what happens for your cruise.  We are not big on entertainment, preferring a quiet drink after diner, unless there are good, more modern musicians, which we have often seen in the Coral or the Lido lounges.