When does your cruise start for you?

sealeggs

I would like to say when we book the cruise and start planning the excursions as we book 3-5 months out.

And while we often have a 2-3 day "pre-cruise" vacation at our departure port, that just feels like a regular beach vacation.....the cruise feeling "really" starts when we first see our ship.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

When we get on the plane to fly to our departure port.

Same here!

It's busy at my house the few days before.  So much I have to be sure is taken care of with the animals.  Vacuum up all the dog hair.  Fresh paper for the pet birds.  Directions to hubby for medications for dogs.  It's such a relief to get on that plane.

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

When we get our luggage unpacked and finished muster drill!!

That is exactly what I was going to say. After the muster drill I’m ready for my first drink and we head to a bar on the pool deck.

Definitely when we book. Then starts all the planning, airfare, hotels, extra days, etc.

3 hours ago, sealeggs said:

Ours is when we book the cruise start planning and reviewing and researching the ship and the islands we will be visiting IF we haven't been to any which is getting harder to do.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I would like to say when we book the cruise and start planning the excursions as we book 3-5 months out.

And while we often have a 2-3 day "pre-cruise" vacation at our departure port, that just feels like a regular beach vacation.....the cruise feeling "really" starts when we first see our ship.

We really like it when we sail out of San Juan. It just feels different when you have a couple of days in San Juan before the cruise starts because you are starting out in the Caribbean!!!

When we leave our house to drive (or sometimes to fly) to the port.

As for preparations and research, it never stops with 5-6 cruises spread out through the year.

6 hours ago, sealeggs said:

Ours is when we book the cruise start planning and reviewing and researching the ship and the islands we will be visiting IF we haven't been to any which is getting harder to do.

When leaving for the port, the morning of the cruise. The anticipation is overwhelming.

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

When we arrive in the port city with all our bags delivered.

When the cruise shuttle turns the corner, and I actually SEE that BIG, white  floating MOUNTAIN !!😁 Even sitting here (almost SIX months before our next cruise) just thinking about that happening, I get thrilled ! It's slow torture, slowly watching the days pass till....Well, you understand😞

Mac

• Like 2

When we can get into our cabin and drop the carry-ones;  it’s too much like work when you are toting something.

Because we always have two or three trips planned, it is impossible to think more one has been started when there are several in the pipeline - so it can’t be when booked.

Edited by navybankerteacher

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

When we leave home!

Even if when you leave home you are just heading for an airport to board a multi-hour, connecting, coach class flight to the port?

That’s sort of like thinking that your nap starts when you walk into Walmart to buy new sheets so you can make your bed before you can lie down.

19 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Even if when you leave home you are just heading for an airport to board a multi-hour, connecting, coach class flight to the port?

That’s sort of like thinking that your nap starts when you walk into Walmart to buy new sheets so you can make your bed before you can lie down.

Not the same at all! All our vacations start as soon as we leave the house.

• Like 1