When does your cruise start for you?

sealeggs

Just now, davekathy said:

I like your style. I do the same.

I know you no longer post where you are from but you did at one time .One of my nieces and her children recently returned from that city and had a very nice time.

They went on a whim,that is something I used to do when I was a lot younger.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:40 PM, ldubs said:

X2.  After the muster drill then I'm on my cruise vacation time.  Doing what I want when I want.  Woohoo!  

X3.  The end of the muster drill is when I start to relax and feel like I'm on a cruise.  

You’re welcome, Clo.  A SkyCouch is all 3 seats across in economy.  Footrests comeup to form a flat surface and a cushion lays on top.  Both can sleep together, or one can sit if they want.  Basically you get the middle seat for half price.

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Hate to be a pedant but NZ isn’t a continent.

Oh, I mis-wrote.  I've been to six continents but not Australia.  (And I worked for QANTAS in SF.)  So, yes, I mis-wrote.  As crazy as it sounds I'd like to go to NZ but not Oz.

6 minutes ago, clo said:

Oh, I mis-wrote.  I've been to six continents but not Australia.  (And I worked for QANTAS in SF.)  So, yes, I mis-wrote.  As crazy as it sounds I'd like to go to NZ but not Oz.

NZ is beautiful, but Australia is better, not that I am in any way bias.

3 hours ago, clo said:

I am gradually running out of time for this but I want to go to Australia to watch the Ashes and travel to every game with the barmy army.

Running out of time, as its really a younger persons thing I suspect.

But what a laugh it would be, getting to see all the matches and see Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelade, and Brisbane.

16 hours ago, SimplyMarvie said:

Our cruise begins when we've successfully survived the flight (and customs and border protection). I can't believe I used to find air travel romantic when I was younger... *sigh* 

I hate flying. And all the nonsense surrounding. Sitting in one room then being told to got through to another room and seemingly sitting there forever too. And frequently in this room, the departure lounge, there are not enough seats. Going through customs where it seems everyone is eyed like they are a criminal. Shoes off coats off basically strip searched for that strange piece of metal that has driven the xray machine mental. Only to find its probably a tiny bit of foil that was covering a headache tablet at some point in your recent history. And dont get me started on the hard sell on the plane from the hosts and hostesses. And the food. Argh the food. And then its rinse and repeat in reverse at the other end.

But apart from the above I love flying.

Edited by DarrenM

7 hours ago, DarrenM said:

But now I think I am about to be told you lot travel Business class.🤣

Oh no, don't worry -- I'm happy to admit that I'm the princess of general boarding and even European discount airlines. I don't see a lot of point on dropping a ton of money to fly slightly more comfortably when I could spend that money on traveling more often or doing cooler things when I get where I'm going. I'll fly business class three weeks after never (unless I can convince someone else to pay for it).

Besides, the part of flying that I really hate is the security theater and the hurry-up-and-wait of it. And unless I'm flying on a private plane that's still gonna be there.

At least in the US, having Pre-Check reduces the issues with the security checks.

And due to my airline status, they pay most or all (depending on the year) of my CLEAR subscription, which makes it even easier.

To me my cruise begins when I get all my documents in order, log on to Cruise Critic every day and start reading and re reading reviews of my ship, my port, my destination, Roll Call for our cruise. Then I start obsessing about the weather, Checking out the layout of the ship, places I want to hang out-mostly around the perimeter but not always. Finding websites that track the ship we will be on and dreaming of the day we will set foot on board--about a month out.

T