Baltimore Hotels

MBLuf3

Lots of choices.

East bay to Fells Point is the nicer area these days.

Marriott Waterfront is very nice.  Walking distance to good restaurants.  Little Italy is right there for amazing Italian food.

And if you have time, the aquarium is walking distance also.

• Like 1

I like the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. I've found it to be clean and staff friendly. It's walking distance to many restaurants/things to do.

There is also a Kimpton hotel (love the free wine each evening). If I remember correctly though (depending on your activity level/fitness) you may need to cab to waterfront area. 

Edited by JennyB1977

At the risk of starting a controversy, we can no longer recommend the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore.  We live about an hour from Baltimore and, for many years, would routinely drive down to the Inner Harbor for a pleasant day (or weekend).  But in recent years there has been a lot of "problems" in Baltimore not the least of which has been very low morale among the Police.  While the Inner Harbor (and nearby Little Italy) as well as Fells Point  used to be safe areas, we know longer feel comfortable in that neighborhood...especially at night.   The crime rate is awful, the Police now operate under a Federal Consent Decree, etc. etc.  Can you still stay at the Inner Harbor and have a good time?  Sure, with a little bit of luck.  On the other hand, gang violence is no longer out of the question in that once very safe area.  There are some good people in Baltimore and they are trying hard to improve their local situation and again make the city attractive for tourists.  For now, the closest we will get to the Inner Harbor is when we drive around the city (on its beltway) to get to either BWI or other points south.

Hank

I live 30 minutes away and find the Inner Harbor to Fell's Point area fine.  Even at night, to reasonable hours.  Plenty of people around, and typically a very visible police presence.

The rest of the city, I avoid during the day time.

It is unfortunate, as there used to be almost no where I would not go, day or night.

Edited by Host Kat
Thread moved to the correct forum.

As I was born and raised  in Baltimore City the  Fells Point /Canton area now residing north of Baltimore  I have no problem visiting the Inner Harbor and the surrounding  areas. Yes there are good parts and bad parts of the city just like any other major  city.

I would recommend the Harbor East area of the Inner Harbor ,very vibrant area with a lot of hotels and restaurants close by. You are in walking distance of the main part of the Inner Harbor ,Fells Point and Little Italy. You are a short ride to the Canton area in one direction and Locust Point (where the cruise  terminal is located ) in the other direction. with a variety of things to do. 

As with any place that we visit when we travel we are always aware of our surroundings  and never  had any incidents .

Enjoy your stay in Bsltimore

Here are a couple of links for some info

https://www.harboreast.com

https://baltimore.org/harbor-east-hotels

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 5:44 PM, Hlitner said:

At the risk of starting a controversy, we can no longer recommend the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore.  We live about an hour from Baltimore and, for many years, would routinely drive down to the Inner Harbor for a pleasant day (or weekend).  But in recent years there has been a lot of "problems" in Baltimore not the least of which has been very low morale among the Police.  While the Inner Harbor (and nearby Little Italy) as well as Fells Point  used to be safe areas, we know longer feel comfortable in that neighborhood...especially at night.   The crime rate is awful, the Police now operate under a Federal Consent Decree, etc. etc.  Can you still stay at the Inner Harbor and have a good time?  Sure, with a little bit of luck.  On the other hand, gang violence is no longer out of the question in that once very safe area.  There are some good people in Baltimore and they are trying hard to improve their local situation and again make the city attractive for tourists.  For now, the closest we will get to the Inner Harbor is when we drive around the city (on its beltway) to get to either BWI or other points south.

Hank

This is too bad, Hank. I live and play in Baltimore, worked at the Inner Harbor for many years. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 6:25 PM, signman said:

Brand new Courtyard at McHenry Row (across the street from the port) should open before end of this year.

Heard this is supposed to open Nov 2019!  I frequent the Locust Point neighborhood and this Courtyard is in a great location!  I'd also consider LP a great and safe place to stay before cruising out of Baltimore!

Other Baltimore Hotel Recommendations
Tons of hotels around the Inner Harbor, but the ones with the best location and what I would consider nice and safe areas would be:

Sheraton at the Inner Harbor (close to 95, easy access to get to the cruise terminal)
Royal Sonesta on Light Street (close to 95, easy access to get to the cruise terminal)
Renaissance
Marriott Waterfront (Pier 5)
Four Seasons (Pier 5)
Courtyard by Marriott (Pier 5)

11 hours ago, BohsandOs216 said:

Heard this is supposed to open Nov 2019!  I frequent the Locust Point neighborhood and this Courtyard is in a great location!  I'd also consider LP a great and safe place to stay before cruising out of Baltimore!

Other Baltimore Hotel Recommendations
Tons of hotels around the Inner Harbor, but the ones with the best location and what I would consider nice and safe areas would be:

Sheraton at the Inner Harbor (close to 95, easy access to get to the cruise terminal)
Royal Sonesta on Light Street (close to 95, easy access to get to the cruise terminal)
Renaissance
Marriott Waterfront (Pier 5)
Four Seasons (Pier 5)
Courtyard by Marriott (Pier 5)

McHenry row is open. Also you can walk from hotel to cruise terminal

• Thanks 1