The first thing you do after you board?

sealeggs

If the Daily Program for Embarkation Day is available at check-in, I will read it while waiting to board.  If not, I will read it ASAP after embarking.  If I am in my stateroom, #2 will be to look at any of the other paperwork that the Steward has left on the bed or desk, i.e notices of on-board credit, gift cards, dining reservation information, etc.  The Shore Excursion envelope will remain unopened, if it's there, until later in the day.  #3:  head to any venue on the ship where I want to make a reservation or buy a pass for an activity.  #4:  lunch with a glass of wine or two.  #5:  return to stateroom to unpack my carry-on and hopefully "work" on unpacking any luggage delivered.  That's my routine.  

5 hours ago, clo said:

I have a friend who sails them because she has some uncommon medical food problems and they've always been able to more than accommodate her.

They are terrific with accommodating special dietary needs.  It's easier because they only have a couple hundred guests to make dinners for instead of 6000!  Their kitchen operates more like one in an upscale restaurant than a banquet hall--or in some cases a school cafeteria.

Having been on every class on RCL, I don't usually need to explore.  I'll go to the MDR to check, and change if necessary, the location of my table.  Then up to Diamond/Concierge lounge until the rooms are ready.  Maybe get photos before the muster drill.  Start marking my Cruse Compass for activities I want to attend.  Hopefully see which friends are onboard and perhaps make plans for what to do in ports of call.