Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
SilentHill

Complimentary Luggage Tags?

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I read a story in Readers Digest probably 40 years ago, and, like some if their others, it stuck with me. 

Lady went up to security in an airport parking lot. Couldn’t find her car. Said she walked miles looking for it. 

Security guard asked what make and model. She said it was her husband’s car and she couldn’t remember. What color?

maybe black, or brown. Or dark gray. 

Tag number? No clue. 

He drove her for miles through the huge parking lot. They were about to decide it was stolen when she spied it. 

“I see it! It’s the one over there with a canoe strapped to the roof.”!!!

 

That is sooo funny!  One thing about when we travel in the motor home, we tow our Jeep Wrangler with us that has two kayaks on it.  When we drive the Jeep to a market/grocery..etc...it's easy to find it.  😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

That is sooo funny!  One thing about when we travel in the motor home, we tow our Jeep Wrangler with us that has two kayaks on it.  When we drive the Jeep to a market/grocery..etc...it's easy to find it.  😉 

Back when cars had antennas, a friend stuck a tennis ball on hers to make it easier to find. 

That worked until people started copying the idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Zip ties will go through very easily where the metal hooks would go. Some tags holders you need to insert the tags at the very top others the sleeve is below the holes. If you end up with the sleeve at the very top then run the ties only through the one hole & not both other wise you can't insert or remove  the Tags. I prefer the sleeve below the holes then you can interchange tags all you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, island lady said:

 

Yes, we are ramping up our cruises a lot now, with wanting to expand out more to other areas than the limited (and repeated) cruises out of Florida.  We have drive cruises booked to both PC and Tampa.  

 

Of the other embarkation ports that are booked, coming up in the future:  Barcelona Spain (first time), Seward Alaska (4th one there), San Juan PR (many from there), Sydney and Perth Australia (firsts), and Honolulu (2nd time). 

 

WOW!!! I've always dreamed of an Alaskan cruise.  I started the research, but it was too overwhelming!  Friends just got back from a Hawaiian cruise.  Wishing you safe travels on each of your upcoming cruises!

 

45 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

The Zip ties will go through very easily where the metal hooks would go. Some tags holders you need to insert the tags at the very top others the sleeve is below the holes. If you end up with the sleeve at the very top then run the ties only through the one hole & not both other wise you can't insert or remove  the Tags. I prefer the sleeve below the holes then you can interchange tags all you want.

Thanks for the info.  I looked at the pictures and it seemed the hole was tiny.  
I just checked and the hole is above the sleeve part. 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B074Q3417N/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3MI752HIJW5ED&psc=1

 

Do you have a picture of the one with a hole below the sleeve?  I can't seem to visualize it ...lol
I didn't see any like you described either.  

Perhaps I'm reading it all wrong ...lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have the one holder where the holes were at the very top and before adding the Ties you slipped the tags down in. To remove the tag you had to cut the tie which is no biggie or run the tie through only 1 hole. As long as the sleeve where you slip the tags down into is below the hole your fine. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNLS/ref=pd_di_sccai_3/135-3678940-8022358?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01E4SQNLS&pd_rd_r=6fa10515-5460-4b8b-b8c1-200eaac10093&pd_rd_w=YgIcr&pd_rd_wg=3OJvp&pf_rd_p=68b5f6eb-4ba0-4895-812a-64b128fd1091&pf_rd_r=BPSC92R9MP38FDQPRWH5&psc=1&refRID=BPSC92R9MP38FDQPRWH5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an earlier poster who suggested getting the slim, RCCI one.  I disagree.  Get the fattest on that will probably work with all cruise lines luggage tags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it really matters whether it is slim or wide as long as they hold the tags. They are mainly to protect the tags and be used over & over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I don't think it really matters whether it is slim or wide as long as they hold the tags. They are mainly to protect the tags and be used over & over again.

 

I still prefer the slim ones made for RCI, IMHO, they make the tag fit snug and don't slide around inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 3:49 PM, Desert Cruizers said:

I don't have the one holder where the holes were at the very top and before adding the Ties you slipped the tags down in. To remove the tag you had to cut the tie which is no biggie or run the tie through only 1 hole. As long as the sleeve where you slip the tags down into is below the hole your fine. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNLS/ref=pd_di_sccai_3/135-3678940-8022358?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01E4SQNLS&pd_rd_r=6fa10515-5460-4b8b-b8c1-200eaac10093&pd_rd_w=YgIcr&pd_rd_wg=3OJvp&pf_rd_p=68b5f6eb-4ba0-4895-812a-64b128fd1091&pf_rd_r=BPSC92R9MP38FDQPRWH5&psc=1&refRID=BPSC92R9MP38FDQPRWH5

Thanks again!  The link you provided is for certain sellers and the cheapest one is $24.47 for 4 tags!  I think I'll stick with the 8 pack for $12.99 ... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...