Tour operator from pier

aprilsp88

Hi,

We're taking a full transit and will visit Cartagena, Fuerte Amador,, Puntarenas, Costa Rica, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Just wonder if there are plenty of tour operators on the pier? Or do we need to book tour ahead of time?

Thanks,

April

Of the ports you listed, Puntarenas had a number of vendors hawking private tours at the end of the pier.  Regarding Ft. Amador, while I have been there a number times recently, it was not on a cruise.  If it is anything like Colon, you much more likely just  to find transportation (taxi) to a particular point of interest.  I know you could arrange some sort of tour to take you to multiple points of interest, although their tour guiding abilities might be iffy.  I don't mean unsafe, but just might be a little thin on local knowledge.  Cartagena, I feel sure there were some private tours available, but I can't say with certainty since we were on a tour and were herded through the pier shops to the transportation pickup outside to board the bus.

Can't help with Nicaragua.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

You could check on the Ports of Call boards for Colombia (Cartagena) and Costa Rica (which is located under Caribbean).  Unfortunately, Nicaragua is an orphan, doesn't seem to b covered anywhere...EM

Absolutely correct. This is great advice.