How much to upgrade to Premium drinks package please

21 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Slimline is included in the AI but it can be flat🙄

Is that free pour bottles,if so that's the reason we pay the 50p for the cans and we can put our own measure in without the barman drowning it.

• Thanks 1

That's correct Brian sometimes you could be lucky and they open a can for you. 

We are not big drinkers but I do like the speciality beers and Mrs PC likes the prosecco gold & that's £6.5 extra on its own if not on premium together with the much better wines, coffee's and much more, so we always upgrade, I fully understand its not for everyone but for us it's a nobrainer. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jabbathehut said:

Thank you so much 

dare I ask what premium Sauvignon blanc wines are offers please?

I was drinking SB on the standard package and found it OK.Mind you,I'm no expert,I drink more vodka than wine.

14 hours ago, davecttr said:

I thought a can was £1?

I will buy the upgrade on my next cruise as I only intend doing 1 excursion

Sorry,you're right,I must have had a senior moment.Still better than £50 pppw.

14 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Sorry we only drink red, but I can tell you they only have two premium wines in red, white and rose but they are much better than the standard one's on offer. 

If you like beers this might also help. 😊2062379233_DSC_02772.thumb.JPG.d83dbb3ca0fedb0219c960248b02e455.JPG659299575_DSC_02752.thumb.JPG.f02be51f4dd4c42dda33ecf5ecf47c90.JPG1063421672_DSC_02762.thumb.JPG.9076e6958a85ecde1e3afee50401d742.JPG

Which ship is this?

3 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi Dave that was Discovery 2 but it was the same on Discovery in the Live room and cocktails in the Atrium also Bar 11 had a different menu. 

Hopefully it will the same on Explorer 2🤞

It certainly was not on Explorer which had a much poorer selection. Surely the 'newest and best' ships would have the best selection

I have recently returned from a week on Discovery 2 and have posted a copy of the menu from The Atrium Bar.  We opted to upgrade to the premium package and to be honest whilst I prefer SB when drinking white wine, we found the Pinot Grigio Bolla to be a superior wine.  We are on Explorer 2 next year and have decided to wait until we board to upgrade to premium - or not.  We found the difference in the standard of drinks between bars on the Discovery 2 to be extreme.  Pool bar and various music lounge venues often supplied (or tried to) none premium brands.  We had to pull bar staff on a number of occasions particularly in relation to ensuring we were given Hendricks gin and premium wines when requested.  I would also suggest that you need to be vigilant with this regard in the restaurant.

589AFB09-03E0-4072-B96A-19FD540B67EA.jpeg

At least Marella are not charging gratuities on "free/complimentary" drinks packages-yet!

Just flagging up a CC News item from a few days ago in case anyone missed it, as both X and NCL advertise a lot in the UK and  "free/complimentary" drinks packages are often included either as standard, or depending on cabin category.

Not so free nowadays as they used to be.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4540/

13 hours ago, trojan3000 said:

Doing our first cruise on Marella Explorer in December we have the premium drinks package can you get a full bottle of wine ie with a meal or only by the glass?

Officially only by the glass although my husband and I did get Cava by the bottle each night on Dream last December.