How dirty is your cabin's bathroom floor? Share your pics here

CineGraphic

12 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Although we may not be as alarmed as the OP and most of us don't intend to photograph or clean our bathroom tile....
I would bet that MOST of us are going to look at it more critically now!   🤔

I don’t expect anyone to clean the grout in their cabin, I just want management to see how dirty the grout is, then hopefully they’ll do something about it. It takes a few seconds to take a photo....I was sitting there anyway, lol.

Just now, CineGraphic said:

I don’t expect anyone to clean the grout in their cabin, I just want management to see how dirty the grout is, then hopefully they’ll do something about it. It takes a few seconds to take a photo....I was sitting there anyway, lol.

Just now, CineGraphic said:

Of course!  LOL!
I'm bringing my slippers....unless they provide them?  I forget?

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Although we may not be as alarmed as the OP and most of us don't intend to photograph or clean our bathroom tile....

Nope. I decided a long time ago not to eat my meals off the stateroom floor.

I know that the ships are giant Petri dishes. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

I too love the older ships, but they could certainly use a deep cleaning every once in a while. 
I’m no fan of slippers, so if Princess decides not to clean years of filth from the bathroom floors, I’ll just have the steward leave us extra towels every day to place on the floor.

i never imagined that dirty floors were so acceptable to others. I apologize to anyone who finds this offensive.

I don't find it offensive, just unrealistic.  I travel for business and over the past 40+ years I have spent more night's in hotels than I want to think about - staying in budget all the way to luxury.  I always put towels on the floor in the bathroom and occasionally by my bed.  If it's not my house, I assume it's not 100% clean.

24 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Nope.

• Like 2

Whether hotel or ship room bed, we take each individual layer down to the mattress, as well as pillow cases, to check for bodily fluid stains with one of these:

https://www.sirchie.com/forensics/alternate-light-sources/shortwave-uv-lights/shortwave-uv-mini-light-source.html

Towels are put down outside of the bath tub and shower before using.  Footwear is placed near that towel so that we can avoid walking barefoot on the bathroom floors.  Toilet seats are wiped down before first use.

If we find anything on pillows or bedding, we remove that and let management know.

We have stayed at too many hotels where crimes were committed like Portland, Oregon, area and Tacoma/Seattle area.

The first cruise we took after I had completed chemo, I was worried about germs.  I purchased one of those black light flashlights and brought it with me.  When we got on the ship (The Grand, not a new ship by any means) we shut the curtains, turned out the light and turned the flashlight on.   The room did NOT light up.  I was very surprised and pleased.   I always sanitize the cabin, but I did feel better after that!

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Lindaru said:

Whether hotel or ship room bed, we take each individual layer down to the mattress, as well as pillow cases, to check for bodily fluid stains with one of these:

https://www.sirchie.com/forensics/alternate-light-sources/shortwave-uv-lights/shortwave-uv-mini-light-source.html

Towels are put down outside of the bath tub and shower before using.  Footwear is placed near that towel so that we can avoid walking barefoot on the bathroom floors.  Toilet seats are wiped down before first use.

If we find anything on pillows or bedding, we remove that and let management know.

We have stayed at too many hotels where crimes were committed like Portland, Oregon, area and Tacoma/Seattle area.

We do none of that, and yet, we survive.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, katisdale said:

I am so glad I chose brown grout for around my tile floors.

Lol.

And I’m so glad that I’ve gone through life not worrying about stuff like grout color, dirty remotes, dirty phones, etc. & am still chugging along. We all have to do what makes us comfortable.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, richsea said:

Lol.

And I’m so glad that I’ve gone through life not worrying about stuff like grout color, dirty remotes, dirty phones, etc. & am still chugging along. We all have to do what makes us comfortable.

Agree - every once in while one of these threads pop up and I can't resist commenting on how people who are so adverse to germs are the very reason we are becoming more susceptible to illness.  IMO, unless someone has a compromised immune system, all of this talk about wiping things down in cabins is so unnecessary. Antibacterial this and antibacterial that does more harm than good, but I guess if it makes then feel better there isn't any convincing them differently.  Someday the super bug will probably get everyone because of the overuse of antibiotics and clean freaks who have not built up any natural immunity.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Lindaru said:

You will drive yourself insane with that UV light. Lots of non-nasty things floresce under the light. Here's just one basic article explaining such: https://www.thoughtco.com/what-glows-under-a-black-light-607615

20 minutes ago, mek said:

Agree - every once in while one of these threads pop up and I can't resist commenting on how people who are so adverse to germs are the very reason we are becoming more susceptible to illness.  IMO, unless someone has a compromised immune system, all of this talk about wiping things down in cabins is so unnecessary. Antibacterial this and antibacterial that does more harm than good, but I guess if it makes then feel better there isn't any convincing them differently.  Someday the super bug will probably get everyone because of the overuse of antibiotics and clean freaks who have not built up any natural immunity.

I will still continue to wipe down the toilet seat though I do not stress out over other things.

4 minutes ago, SwankieG said:

You will drive yourself insane with that UV light. Lots of non-nasty things floresce under the light. Here's just one basic article explaining such: https://www.thoughtco.com/what-glows-under-a-black-light-607615

Also, more concerned with bodily waste and blood being on the linens (as in they did not properly wash them and that stuff is still there).  That is both unsanitary and gross.  It only takes a few minutes and once our minds are at rest, we can enjoy the rest of our time in the room.

11 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

What's sickening is how they've been allowed to get this dirty.

Sorry if you find it so offensive. I promise: No pictures of the commode.

I didn't think the OP post was sickening.  I thought it was informative.  Yes, my husband and I are very concerned, always, about having things "degermed" as much as possible.  We always use Hydrogen Peroxide wipes, but on our January cruise, I will be bringing Hydrogen Peroxide spray.  It takes about fifteen minutes or less to do everything and then we totally enjoy the rest of our cruise.  Always have the spray handy to use if necessary.  Plus, it will drive security crazy, trying to figure out if it is H2O2 or vodka.  Thanks CineGraphic for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, just wow...  The topic was about obvious lack of cleaning and maintenance and that attempts to bring it to corporate attention were met with crickets.  Thank you to OP for the attempts!

Maybe they'd try gray grout like on Grand Princess....

IMG_4479.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 11:11 PM, mek said:

Would you like to have surgery in an operating room that was not scrubbed down with antibacterial cleansers between patients  before you have your turn?  I wouldn't.  I spent my entire career working the OR and believe me,  you want that room cleaned. And when it comes to my cabin, you can be sure I am wiping it down as soon as I get there....bodily fluids are a real possibility and I don't think that makes me a "clean freak" because I don't want to share those with the previous occupants. But I guess that's just me.

Edited by suzyed
  • Haha 1