How dirty is your cabin's bathroom floor? Share your pics here

CineGraphic

17 hours ago, suzyed said:

Would you like to have surgery in an operating room that was not scrubbed down with antibacterial cleansers between patients  before you have your turn?  I wouldn't.  I spent my entire career working the OR and believe me,  you want that room cleaned. And when it comes to my cabin, you can be sure I am wiping it down as soon as I get there....bodily fluids are a real possibility and I don't think that makes me a "clean freak" because I don't want to share those with the previous occupants. But I guess that's just me.

Seriously I don't consider what is necessary in an OR to be the same as what I need to live a healthy everyday life.  And as a medical worker, surely you know as well as I do that despite constant cleaning, hospitals are notorious breeding grounds for all kinds of germs and infections.

What do you do about possible body fluids being on soft surfaces?  Do you wipe everything down every time your cabin attendant enters your cabin and touches things? Don't forget before being in your cabin they may have picked up nasty germs in another. I honestly don't mean to be snarky and if it makes you feel better then go for it.

Edited by mek
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, mek said:

Seriously I don't consider what is necessary in an OR to be the same as what I need to live a healthy everyday life.  And as a medical worker, surely you know as well as I do that despite constant cleaning, hospitals are notorious breeding grounds for all kinds of germs and infections.

What do you do about possible body fluids being on soft surfaces?  Do you wipe everything down every time your cabin attendant enters your cabin and touches things?  I honestly don't mean to be snarky and if it makes you feel better then go for it.

I also wonder how they deal with  being around the ship, I mean you have to touch things! What do you do on an excursion? Tons of people touch every thing! I have COPD and a few auto immune diseases  I do just fine with keeping up to date on my flu shot and such! Wash my hands frequently.

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

Lysol is your friend and we spray our floor with it wall to wall.  

Unless you have a lung disease! My pulmonogist has warned me not to use it...goes into your lungs! Thought I was doing a good thing at my work office told him how I sprayed everything down daily ....big No no !

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

Princess called me again today due to my posting the pictures on social media, but they are not allowed to say if they plan on doing anything about the dirty floors. They did suggest that I complain to guest services if my next cabin isn't clean enough. Personally,  I'd prefer the cleaning to be done on an as-needed basis instead of on a complaint driven basis. I'd much rather enjoy my vacation than stand in line or wait on hold with guest services.

• Like 1

Think about ALL of the public places you went today. Your office. Your office’s bathroom. A coffee shop. A restaurant. A grocery store. A subway station. An airport.  Your own home. Do you really think that any of these places are cleaner than your ship’s cabin?  Did any of these other places kill you?  Make you sick?  Upon what basis would you think (or expect) your ship’s cabin to be any different?  If I ever need to have my appendix removed on my cabin’s bathroom floor, I will request that the floor be given a stronger cleaning. Until then ....

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Think about ALL of the public places you went today. Your office. Your office’s bathroom. A coffee shop. A restaurant. A grocery store. A subway station. An airport.  Your own home. Do you really think that any of these places are cleaner than your ship’s cabin?  Did any of these other places kill you?  Make you sick?  Upon what basis would you think (or expect) your ship’s cabin to be any different?  If I ever need to have my appendix removed on my cabin’s bathroom floor, I will request that the floor be given a stronger cleaning. Until then ....

When I'm paying $100-$300 per night to stay somewhere, it better be clean. Do I expect the bathroom at a fast-food joint to smell like roses, absolutely not, but my hotel or cabin bathroom is a different story.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mek said:

What do you do about possible body fluids being on soft surfaces?  Do you wipe everything down every time your cabin attendant enters your cabin and touches things? Don't forget before being in your cabin they may have picked up nasty germs in another. I honestly don't mean to be snarky and if it makes you feel better then go for it.

Maybe not, maybe yes....still a lot of the same germs, body fluids....I'd rather not take a chance.
Oh it does make me feel better and I know all too well what germs can be left behind by the previous tenants!
So call me crazy but I wipe all the surfaces on the plane at my seat....the seat belts, the tray table, the arm rests, the video screen,  and the most importantly, the call light, the light switch, the air vent....I'm sure you're aware that those are NEVER cleaned for the life of the plane...20+ years!

Both DH and I have seen Moms changing their babies dirty diapers on the tray table...no thank you!
We're not talking about an every day life....we're talking about a cabin that we will spend a week or two or three in where the previous occupants mights have had noro, or some other ailment.

Edited by suzyed

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

When I'm paying $100-$300 per night to stay somewhere, it better be clean. Do I expect the bathroom at a fast-food joint to smell like roses, absolutely not, but my hotel or cabin bathroom is a different story.

Discolored grout is not indicative of general uncleanliness. Grout is notoriously difficult to clean. I do not expect cleaning crews to scrub between tiles with a toothbrush every couple of weeks which is what it would take to keep the grout shining. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Unless you have a lung disease! My pulmonogist has warned me not to use it...goes into your lungs! Thought I was doing a good thing at my work office told him how I sprayed everything down daily ....big No no !

You can use Lysol  wipes.

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Yes, those places can make you sick.  My DH got sick in the market in Tahiti and many folks got sick at the food trucks in Tahiti.

2 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Yes, those places can make you sick.  My DH got sick in the market in Tahiti and many folks got sick at the food trucks in Tahiti.

So now we’ve proven that Princess bathrooms are less hazardous than Tahitian food trucks. Not sure where this discussion is headed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

So now we’ve proven that Princess bathrooms are less hazardous than Tahitian food trucks. Not sure where this discussion is headed. 

That's not proof.  Here's the thing....there are many folks who get sick from who knows where, but don't report it.  They don't want to be confined to their cabins for 24-48 hours so the keep the sickness to themselves and walk aroung the ship leaving germs everywhere they go...and that includes the bathroom in their cabins, the hand rails on the stairs, the buttons on the elevators, and yeah, and even the salt and pepper shakers (they will be taken off the table), etc.
Go ahead, take your chances. Good luck.

Edited by suzyed

While no one wants gross and disgusting--especially at premium prices-- we have become a nation of wimps and babies. 

Part of growing up and being exposed to various, daily germs around the home, at school, on public transit, etc, is to condition us for being adults immune to most common bugs. This relatively recent germophobia has made us LESS resistant to stuff our parents and grandparents took in stride.

We actually have a 66+-post thread about how someone doesn't like his bathroom floor because Mr. Clean never showed up with his steamer and toothbrush.

Holy moly.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, suzyed said:

That's not proof.  Here's the thing....there are many folks who get sick from who knows where, but don't report it.  They don't want to be confined to their cabins for 24-48 hours so the keep the sickness to themselves and walk aroung the ship leaving germs everywhere they go...and that includes the bathroom in their cabins, the hand rails on the stairs, the buttons on the elevators, and yeah, and even the salt and pepper shakers (they will be taken off the table), etc.

Right... this also happens in your neighborhood, at your grocery store, and your favorite Starbucks, and the handle on the gas pump, and everywhere else you might happen to be from the time you wake up until you go to bed.

There's "reasonable precautions" and then there's "undue panic".

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, suzyed said:

You honestly think that I am “taking my chances” by using a stateroom bathroom that has discolored grout?  The odds of that being the dirtiest, riskiest thing I encounter on the ship, or in the terminal before the cruise, or in the airport or on the airplane before I get to the terminal are very, very slim.  I really don’t think I need luck to cross the bathroom threshold. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Wow thanks for the heads up.  Maybe if I put on a mask while spraying it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Mikado said:

Right... this also happens in your neighborhood, at your grocery store, and your favorite Starbucks, and the handle on the gas pump, and everywhere else you might happen to be from the time you wake up until you go to bed.

There's "reasonable precautions" and then there's "undue panic".

No panic...just careful...handwashing is the key and any other precausions you may want to do.  Everyone should do what they feel comfortable with.  And once one has gotten sick on a cruise, etc. most will at least for a while be extra careful so you don't have to repeat the experience again. 
I may be extra vigilant because I worked the OR for 35 years and always strived to work to provide my patients with the utmost care and cleanliness possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

You honestly think that I am “taking my chances” by using a stateroom bathroom that has discolored grout?  The odds of that being the dirtiest, riskiest thing I encounter on the ship, or in the terminal before the cruise, or in the airport or on the airplane before I get to the terminal are very, very slim.  I really don’t think I need luck to cross the bathroom threshold. 

I never said a thing about the grout.  Honestly I don't care whether you wash your hands, or worry about what you touch and since it now seems most people don't care, I will continue doing what I do.  To each his/her own.

I cleaned our cabin grout yesterday & although it was brownish to begin with it didn't appear much better after 30 seconds of scrubbing in the same spot. Obviously it wasn't vert dirty to begin with & the washcloth didn't show much dirt on it afterwards.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Discolored grout is not indicative of general uncleanliness. Grout is notoriously difficult to clean. I do not expect cleaning crews to scrub between tiles with a toothbrush every couple of weeks which is what it would take to keep the grout shining. 

No toothbrush needed, there is commercial equipment, some even small enough to be hand-held, that can clean a small floor like the cabin's bathroom in just a few minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had such equipment already on board for use in the galley.