Is there a hotel inside EWR (Newark airport)?

GeezerCouple

In November, we will be flying into EWR the evening before our SQ flight the next morning.

What is the closest airport hotel?

One map seems to show the Liberty International right at the airport, but then there is information about shuttle service.

If we need to use a shuttle or taxi, then "which hotel" isn't quite so important, and we can choose more on hotel preference rather than specific location in the airport.

I'm thinking of the new Denver airport hotel, where one can just walk across a short walkway, and right into the hotel (pushing a luggage cart as well).
Is there anything like that at EWR? It didn't quite look that way after all.

GC

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

What is the closest airport hotel?

One map seems to show the Liberty International right at the airport, but then there is information about shuttle service....

"Newark Liberty International" is the name of the airport, although most people simply refer to it as "Newark airport". Slidergirl provided good information in response to your question. 

The Mariott mentioned above is the only hotel "on the property", but the airport is surrounded by "name brand" hotels, all with shuttles running 24-7.   Having said THAT, the Mariott IS the best quality hotel of the bunch (but certainly not the cheapest)  We have stayed at many of those "ring hotels" at one time or another as most offer parking"deals" if you spend at least one night there.  

Thanks.

If we must take a shuttle no matter which hotel we choose, we'll choose "by the hotel", and we'll keep in mind that the Marriott is suggested as the nicest.  But we'll compare prices, too, as we'll only be there to sleep, given a moderately early morning flight, so we don't need bells and whistles, etc.

I wish more airports would add hotels "right there", but I also assume that the other local hotels would fight that. At Denver, those other hotels are quite far, and I'm guessing we are hardly the only ones to "jump ship" (er, jump hotel?) and stay at the airport instead of that distance to even our "favorite" airport hotel type.  It's just *so* convenient to roll the luggage cart another hundred yards (?) and be right in the hotel!  No need even to wait for the hotel shuttle, which somehow never seems to arrive on the scheduled intervals...

Thanks again,

GC

Here is some help.  Like mentioned; the Marriott in on airport property.  It is not cheap; but you can walk to it verses waiting on shuttle.  I stayed there in Aug and walked to and from the terminal.   Took me less than five min.  you go out baggage claim and walk across the parking lot.  You can see the Marriott the entire time.  That said.  I have also stayed at the Hilton and Doubletree; both are less than two miles from airport and both have airport shuttles.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Marriott in September, and we were very pleased with it.  The shuttle to the airport was on  time, and the shuttle staff was very friendly and helpful with our luggage both at the hotel and the airport.  We've stayed a couple of the hotels in the area in past trips, and the Marriott was by far the best.