Oasis 5 (Wonder of the seas) to Asia

Hop77

Wonder of the Seas will be the 5th Oasis-class ship and the largest cruise ship in the world when she launches in 2021 and she will sail from Shanghai. Her announcement is in conjunction with RCCL China’s 10th anniversary.

57 minutes ago, BaikG said:

Wonder of the Seas will be the 5th Oasis-class ship and the largest cruise ship in the world when she launches in 2021 and she will sail from Shanghai. Her announcement is in conjunction with RCCL China’s 10th anniversary.

If that is the case, then where will Spectrum be repositioned?  Cannot imagine both sailing out of Shanghai.

If Wonder is based in Shanghai, she can't be there for Winter, cause she's not built for the cold. So perhaps Singapore/Shanghai homeports? I don't think Hong Kong because of the political instability, and unlikely Australia if Wonder is being built specifically for the Asian market. 

5 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

If Wonder is based in Shanghai, she can't be there for Winter, cause she's not built for the cold. So perhaps Singapore/Shanghai homeports? I don't think Hong Kong because of the political instability, and unlikely Australia if Wonder is being built specifically for the Asian market. 

Wonder does not appear to be like any of the other O-class ships and we cannot assume that she won’t be a cold-weather ship.

1 minute ago, BaikG said:

Wonder does not appear to be like any of the other O-class ships and we cannot assume that she won’t be a cold-weather ship.

I kinda doubt they would try to enclose the neighborhoods and do away with Aqua shows - that's the whole point of O class.

4 minutes ago, BaikG said:

You can see from the image of Wonder, her top deck is quite similar to current oasis class ships, very open, not more like quantum if that makes sense? Also looking quite futuristic with the curves 

Edited by Ethanol95

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Misread your post - thought you said Singapore. Singapore in winter makes sense.

But then that German website said it's year round in Shanghai, China, so I really don't know. Hope it will come to Singapore though

35 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

No she will be to wide and draw to deep

So that will be an interesting repo ...round Africa?

I am surprised at Oasis for a cold weather climate like Shanghai in the winter... have they actually seen how cold it gets there!

Oasis for a place like Singapore where it rains a lot seems strange to me too....

Edited by little britain

42 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Why not? Spectrum does the shorties (4-5 days) like now and Wonder does the routine weekly ones.

They could do that, just don't know if the market will fill both ships.  Was thinking about what happened to the NCL Joy, which started there but has since been repositioned with no replacement.  Seems Singapore would be a better base.