Royal Caribbean's Heartless Refund Policy

23 hours ago, BND said:

We have bought travel insurance through the cruise lines for all 28 of our cruises.  We never used it until recently.  I broke my ankle (dislocated it and my knee) a week before Labor Day.  I needed surgery on my fibula (plate and screws) and am still recovering and going to PT. We were scheduled for a b2b on Harmony on 3 and 10 Nov and then 5 days at WDW.  Dr said I shouldn't go, that I wouldn't enjoy it and he was right.  We cancelled and got our partial refund from RCI and are now waiting on insurance to come through.  Insurance is available for a reason and we should get back a little more than we've paid in over the last 14 years.  You buy insurance for your home, car, family and pets so why not for vacations?  Us buying insurance means we've planned ahead.  Anyone who doesn't needs to deal with their personal decisions to not do so.  

Did you fly or drive to port.   If you flew and did not get the air thru RCL it is my understanding that  this cost is not covered under their policy.  I used to get insurance thru RCL, but stopped when a poster pointed the change.  I've got a Chase Visa CC that provides travel interruption/cancellation as long as the charge was charged to same card.  It applies to all family members.

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Did you fly or drive to port.   If you flew and did not get the air thru RCL it is my understanding that  this cost is not covered under their policy.  I used to get insurance thru RCL, but stopped when a poster pointed the change.  I've got a Chase Visa CC that provides travel interruption/cancellation as long as the charge was charged to same card.  It applies to all family members.

We were taking the Auto Train which we always use to go to FL.  We cancelled our train (used points) and got them credited back.  Cruise was the only thing we had to insure.   If we did fly (I hate it) DH is a million miler with United and has plenty of points to use. 

Edited by BND