10-10-19 Weekly Weigh-In/Happy Thanksgiving!

pacruise804

Nice protein choices 🙂 Be sure to eat your veggies (said in mom voice 😉 ).

Your cruise history is impressive!  Funny zoo/animal story: my husband and I grew up around ducks so they really shouldn't be a source of entertainment, but when we went to the National Zoo in DC we probably spent 10 minutes watching the ducks playing in the water🤣 Now it is almost a joke that it isn't a full vacation if we don't find them.

41 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Nice protein choices 🙂 Be sure to eat your veggies (said in mom voice 😉 ).

Your cruise history is impressive!  Funny zoo/animal story: my husband and I grew up around ducks so they really shouldn't be a source of entertainment, but when we went to the National Zoo in DC we probably spent 10 minutes watching the ducks playing in the water🤣 Now it is almost a joke that it isn't a full vacation if we don't find them.

Thanks!  And I will- I usually have lentils for dinner along with broccoli or sprouts.  So yummy and my pet rats like it too!

Aw, shucks. Thank you!  I don't really have any other expensive hobbies and I like to hunt for bargains so I manage to travel as often as I can.  I want to get as much done early in life because we aren't guaranteed a tomorrow.   I've actually visited all fifty states and all the Canadian provinces too.  There's so much fun stuff to do without having to leave the continent.  We're really fortunate.

I love watching the ducks at SeaWorld.  Ducks are some of my favorite animals.  They're so funny.  I saw two last weekend who kept sleeping and floating and then they would run into each other and fight because each one thought the other one was attacking them when it was really just the current.  Muscovies are my favorites because they are so personable and puppylike but I also like northern shovelers, wood ducks, whistlers, and hooded mergansers.  

• Like 1

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Welcome to the new posters.

We went to an end of summer BBQ over the weekend. I parked myself far away from the food table. No snacks just a burger, salad and pasta salad. No seconds. A small piece of carrot cake and a couple mini Halloween candies found their way on my plate though😲.

Diana

• Like 1

How can one human be so stupid..ME!  On a cruise ship for 30 days, had all the food I wanted..

didn't eat or drink that much (10 days could of had all the drinks I wanted for free) but what do I do?

Come home and for 2 and 1/2 days eat everything in sight!:classic_ohmy: Crazy!:classic_tongue:!

So when I weigh Thursday if have a gain (yeah right IF) won't know if from cruise or home eating!

(remember I haven't been gaining on cruises lately) Plus I leave in three weeks for next cruise.

As you can read I'm home. Had a good time. Even won a big Jackpot. Nice weather in Alaska and

hot in Mexico. Great staff. 

• Like 1

Belle-  welcome back!  Happy you had a good time.  

Welcome to our new members.

I actually weighed myself this morning as I've been sick with a respiratory bug the last few days.  We'll see if I gain back what I'm sure was mostly water weight.

12 hours ago, Belle said:

How can one human be so stupid..ME!  On a cruise ship for 30 days, had all the food I wanted..

didn't eat or drink that much (10 days could of had all the drinks I wanted for free) but what do I do?

Come home and for 2 and 1/2 days eat everything in sight!:classic_ohmy: Crazy!:classic_tongue:!

So when I weigh Thursday if have a gain (yeah right IF) won't know if from cruise or home eating!

(remember I haven't been gaining on cruises lately) Plus I leave in three weeks for next cruise.

As you can read I'm home. Had a good time. Even won a big Jackpot. Nice weather in Alaska and

hot in Mexico. Great staff. 

I would blame all the gain on home. That way I would have another excuse to book another cruise... you know, it's good for my waist line! 😉

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, winewanderer said:

We went to an end of summer BBQ over the weekend. I parked myself far away from the food table. No snacks just a burger, salad and pasta salad. No seconds. A small piece of carrot cake and a couple mini Halloween candies found their way on my plate though😲.

Diana

The Halloween candies can be tricky like that - sneaking onto an unsuspecting person's plate 😉 

Welcome home Belle! Congratulations on your jackpot win.  I figure the first two days of being home counts as part of the cruise until your body gets used to regular meals and portions again.  Great job making smart choices during the cruise though 🙂 

I hope the UR crud is gone, Katmu.  My sinuses feel all messed up right now between weather and allergens, so I sympathize with you 😞 

I've been extra busy with various morning commitments this week and haven't done as much walking.  I'm curious if that will have an effect on tomorrow's weigh-in.

Somehow I haven't seen a post since I posted last Thursday.  It's been a busy group!  How wonderful!  

Belle welcome home for a bit of time!  Glad you had a good cruise 

I had 12 people over for dinner on Sunday ... and I ate and ate ... think the scales will not be happy this week.

Keep talking!  Jan