Question about checking a camera (in the cloakroom) at the Anne Frank House

Turtles06

We'll be visiting Amsterdam in April, and, assuming we can get tickets, we plan to visit the Anne Frank House.  (I do know when and how to book tickets on line.)  Photography is prohibited inside.  That's no problem, but I will have a camera with me (for touring elsewhere in Amsterdam) that is larger than the small size handbag they permit in the House.  Their web site says that there's a cloakroom, but that only "jackets, bags, helmets and umbrellas will be accepted," and that they accept no responsibility for loss (even though they give you a ticket/receipt for each checked item).

For those who have been there -- is the cloakroom secure?   (Is it staffed by someone, so that visitors cannot go inside and take other visitors' things?) Should I be worried about checking a camera in a bag in their cloakroom?   

Separate question -- if you have a cell phone in your pocket (or in the tiny handbag you can bring inside), is that okay?  (Again, I don't plan to take photos, I just would like to minimize what I need to check in the cloakroom.)

Thanks for any info and advice!

Cell phones are no problem.

What type/size camera are you taking? Is this a cruise stop, or are you staying in Amsterdam? If the latter, where's your hotel? It may be worth taking off without the camera that day and going back to the hotel after visiting. Just a thought.

I'm pretty sure I saw people in the Anne Frank house with cameras, just not taking pictures. The cloakroom had attendants. We didn't check anything, so I can't tell you how that worked, but I'm pretty sure they accepted and retrieved your items. 

The cloakroom is manned. I would not leave a camera there as they accept no responsibility for lost/damaged items. We had cell phones and my brother had his Canon camera around his neck - we had no problems whatsoever (we took no photos). There were others with cameras as well - saw no one taking photos.

Thank you @markeb and @dogs4fun.   It's great to know that they are letting people in with cameras (just not being used of course); I will probably go that route.

To answer the questions: it's a pre-cruise stay and we will be in a hotel.  If we have early morning tickets, I might leave the camera in our hotel (I'd already considered that), but I'd prefer not to so I don't have to go back for it.   It's a Sony a6300 mirrorless with an 18-125 mm lens, so it's not huge (but it's certainly not pocket size).

Thank you both again for all the info.