Venchi Included in "Premium" Drink Package?

JC5240

Hey all - sorry if this has been posted already. I did a search and nothing came up.

We're leaving on the Seaside this Saturday (so excited!) and just have a question about the Venchi chocolate bar: are the drinks included if you have the Premium drink package (up to $12)? Are there any drinks that are priced over that amount at that bar, which would then exclude them from the package?

Also, are all the chocolate treats a la carte, or are any included in the fare?

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, cyndyga said:

Drinks Included on Seaside from everything I've read from those on board. Chocolated are for sale except for a few that come with some drinks

In the past it was only offered to those in the YC or with the Deluxe package.  I'm pretty sure Venchi gelato & specialty drinks are no longer offered to new YC bookings nor covered under the Premium package.  The Venchi drinks are possibly covered under Premium+, but not gelato.

Maybe things have changed, but we were in the Seaside YC in April. I read so much stuff on CC about what was included, what wasn’t, about grandfathering depending when you purchased the cruise etc etc etc.i asked the concierge what was included and her response was very simple “any drink under $12 was included, anywhere on the ship”. So any drink under $12 at Venchi was covered. We also received free gelato at the shop on deck 6 near the pool.

19 hours ago, JC5240 said:

Hey all - sorry if this has been posted already. I did a search and nothing came up.

We're leaving on the Seaside this Saturday (so excited!) and just have a question about the Venchi chocolate bar: are the drinks included if you have the Premium drink package (up to $12)? Are there any drinks that are priced over that amount at that bar, which would then exclude them from the package?

Thanks in advance!

I’ll be on the Seaside tomorrow in the YC, so I’ll report back (just noticed you’re on the same cruise). See you next week.

Edited by gmbhardy
Update
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gmbhardy said:

I’ll be on the Seaside tomorrow in the YC, so I’ll report back (just noticed you’re on the same cruise). See you next week.

Have a great time.

I know we had three YC booked before the change last November, two trips taken this year and gelato and choc martini no 2 was included.  I will add that TSL had a vat of chocolate last trip so maybe they can make them too.  We never inquired.

I'm curious if third trip will be same next March, it should be.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:45 PM, JC5240 said:

Thanks in advance!

From what I understand, no - Venchi drinks/gelato/crepes are not covered by the Premium package.

YC seems to cover Venchi drinks/gelato - but they don't officially have the Premium or Premium Plus package, they fall into a gap of special services.

No package or YC covers the chocolates, etc.

So, with Premium package, no Venchi drinks, even though some are under $12. 

But - given MSCs wonderfully consistent inconsistency - doesn't hurt to give it s try aboard - often enough, if you ask, they'll give it.  Lol.

When I was on Seaview two weeks ago they had a sign at the Concierge desk in Yacht Club stating that Venchi was not included for YC guests except for the gelato. I assume the situation was the same the week prior on my Bellissima cruise but I can’t confirm that.

Premium drink package covered drink costs only up to 10 Euro that goes for YC guests too. So of course all the cocktails at the specialty restaurants cost 10.50 Euro which meant they weren’t covered.

7 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Don’t Forget!!!

Hey if you’re in the YC Rest, can you see if “Drago” (his nickname) is on board and if so inquire if he might be on board Dec7-14th? If you cant no worries. He’s an outstanding man and server. 

26 minutes ago, SailBreakaway said:

Don’t Forget!!!

Hey if you’re in the YC Rest, can you see if “Drago” (his nickname) is on board and if so inquire if he might be on board Dec7-14th? If you cant no worries. He’s an outstanding man and server. 

No problem. If he’s there I’ll track him down.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all - just wanted to report back:

We got off the Seaside on the 19th (GORGEOUS ship! I may actually write my first cruise review - we'll see! haha). 

Venchi drinks are NOT included in any package (it states it on each page on their drink menu as well). We indulged though and got the Venchi Martini No. 2 (absolutely incredible). We were, however, able to order other drinks from the Venchi bar that were not on the Venchi menu (Pear and Ginger Martini, Lattes without Venchi chocolate, etc). But, depending on the bartender that you asked, it was selective - some bartenders let you order whatever you wanted and as long as it wasn't Venchi it was included. Other bartenders stated that no matter what was ordered even if it wasn't Venchi incurred a charge, and one bartender said they only serve Venchi items that are on the Venchi menu (when I mentioned what Venchi drinks included Heineken since there was Heineken behind the bar, she shrugged her shoulders and walked away)...

But, the overall consensus is that no Venchi based drink is included in any package, regardless of the price.

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, JC5240 said:

Hey all - just wanted to report back:

We got off the Seaside on the 19th (GORGEOUS ship! I may actually write my first cruise review - we'll see! haha). 

Venchi drinks are NOT included in any package (it states it on each page on their drink menu as well). We indulged though and got the Venchi Martini No. 2 (absolutely incredible). We were, however, able to order other drinks from the Venchi bar that were not on the Venchi menu (Pear and Ginger Martini, Lattes without Venchi chocolate, etc). But, depending on the bartender that you asked, it was selective - some bartenders let you order whatever you wanted and as long as it wasn't Venchi it was included. Other bartenders stated that no matter what was ordered even if it wasn't Venchi incurred a charge, and one bartender said they only serve Venchi items that are on the Venchi menu (when I mentioned what Venchi drinks included Heineken since there was Heineken behind the bar, she shrugged her shoulders and walked away)...

But, the overall consensus is that no Venchi based drink is included in any package, regardless of the price.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, thats same as it was in June then. Curious to hear back from @gmbhardy to see if they are still including Venchi drinks for Yacht Club Guests (we’ve heard both ways lately). 

It’s usually normal to get a few different answers to the same question with MSC, you just have to keep asking until you get the right one or the one you want! It is getting better though. 

1 minute ago, grandgeezer said:

We just got off the Seaside and the drinks at Venchi as long as they were under $12.  Ww had a chocolate martini #1 on a regular basis over the two weeks. #1 is with rum and #2 is with vodka.

Were you in the YC? Oh and the Chocolate  #2 is the best!!

10 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Yes, for two weeks. 46 cruises and it was our all time favorite one. Nothing better on the seas. Priced very well too.

Excellent. So glad to hear that. We are becoming MSC loyalists and NCL converts as well. Thanks for that info!!!

On 10/20/2019 at 5:17 PM, SailBreakaway said:

@gmbhardy Whats the scoop on the Venchi Martinis/drinks/gelato and were you able to find Drago? Welcome back, hope you had an awesome time!

I was on a B2B with my second week on the Breakaway (what a disaster) and the Internet was terrible. Anyway, here’s the info I got on Drago - he’s no longer in the YC but got a promotion and is now a head waiter in the Ipanema MDR. Any Venchi drink under $12 is included in the YC package. My wife and I had one every day, sometimes two. Gelato and crepes are also included in the Venchi outlet near the aft swimming pool. Really loved the YC again. I’m a NCL loyalist too but IMO, the YC blows the Haven right out of the water. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

I was on a B2B with my second week on the Breakaway (what a disaster) and the Internet was terrible. Anyway, here’s the info I got on Drago - he’s no longer in the YC but got a promotion and is now a head waiter in the Ipanema MDR. Any Venchi drink under $12 is included in the YC package. My wife and I had one every day, sometimes two. Gelato and crepes are also included in the Venchi outlet near the aft swimming pool. Really loved the YC again. I’m a NCL loyalist too but IMO, the YC blows the Haven right out of the water. 

Hey thank you so much!!! We will definitely seek him out when we get ton board in December.  Glad to hear he got promoted, he's a great dude.  

Great news on the Venchi drinks still ok'd for YC.  I feel like eventually someday, that will change, so thanks for getting the intel, and like I've said before, the Chocolate #2!!! Shut the front door!!! lol

Welcome to the club, the Haven sell outs! Honestly, can't beat the YC.  I have an option to spend 2500-2800 or so to upgrade my MiniSuite on NCL to the Haven, and I'm thinking to myself, man that's 3/4 the cost of one more week in the YC! 

Love to hear you BA stories when you get a chance, until then, welcome home and thanks again my friend!

On 10/27/2019 at 6:17 PM, gmbhardy said:

Is gelato from the Venchi chocolate bar also included for YC guests?  We could get gelato at the Venchi chocolate bar and at the gelato place by the aft pool last July.  Just wondering if this has changed.  Thanks