Breakfast or lunch conversation

lenquixote66

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

Table for two please. 

Same here.  And not only is it because DW and I prefer to eat dinner alone, but in this day and age with people getting so offended over everything....like what we do for a living for example....I'm better off just avoiding them.   

19 minutes ago, ldubs said:

His loss, I'm sure.   

Yes,I agree. Now if I met you on a cruise.We would introduce ourselves and you would say you were from California.I might say to you that I was a childhood friend of a former US Senator from that state. That could possibly generate a political conversation or you might just be interested in that person as a child.

5 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Same here.  And not only is it because DW and I prefer to eat dinner alone, but in this day and age with people getting so offended over everything....like what we do for a living for example....I'm better off just avoiding them.   

Yep, even see it here on the forums.  Folks are just cruising around looking to be offended.   (get it, "cruising around" - haha)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,I agree. Now if I met you on a cruise.We would introduce ourselves and you would say you were from California.I might say to you that I was a childhood friend of a former US Senator from that state. That could possibly generate a political conversation or you might just be interested in that person as a child.

Very true.  It is really just about having an enjoyable conversation.  

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Yep, even see it here on the forums.  Folks are just cruising around looking to be offended.   (get it, "cruising around" - haha)

We will be eating dinner by ourselves on our cruise later this week but on our next cruise,in December we will be sitting with 3 couples that we met on our last cruise.

Just like I post a lot on CC I love conversing with people on cruises.On practically every cruise my wife have been on in the past 10 years we have met at least one couple that we have become friends with.We met a couple in 2011 and we have since been on 8 cruises with them and they will be on our upcoming cruise.

51 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We met a couple on a cruise several years ago.The husband and I had the same interests in sports,music ,places to visit ,etc.Then he found out that we practice different religions and he was no longer interested in speaking to me.

Therefore,perhaps people should ask what religion you practice  in the initial conversation. Of course I am being facetious but maybe,just maybe that should be an initial question in a conversation.

I find it hard to believe there are people like that still alive today.

There are some seriously narrow minded folk around.