Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
LHT28

port of Miami

Sorry another  newbie  question

What pier  does Crystal normally dock at?

Yes  I do know things can change  but  what pier/terminal  is most used by them?

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Sorry another  newbie  question

What pier  does Crystal normally dock at?

Yes  I do know things can change  but  what pier/terminal  is most used by them?

J

No sorry required.

This is on my info for my December cruise from Miami;

Terminal J

1120 Caribbean Way Miami FL 33132

8 minutes ago, May B said:

J

No sorry required.

Thank you

That is great news  👍

Since others might be reading this thread who are not on the December sailing but are on other Crystal sailings I do want to note that as many times as I have sailed with Crystal in and out of Miami the answer is it depends.

If Crystal is the smallest ship it will likely get J and if it is not it normally goes to the ship that is the smallest one of the ones that do not sail this port on a regular basis such as NCL, and Carnival who have several ships sailing regularly.

The last several times we sailed Crystal in Miami we were assigned to terminals other than J including one time the terminal without a building where a makeshift tent was put up.

Keith

13 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Thank you

That is great news  👍

Because Crystal does not have a regular presence in Miami, like RCI/Carnival/NCL do, the ship could be almost anywhere depending on how many ships are in port the day you are boarding. As Keith mentioned on another thread, they once disembarked up the pier with a large temporary tent as their "terminal"!!

(It would appear Keith and I were typing at the same time, and he types faster than me!!😁 )

Edited by Roland4

Lynne -- Terminal J is Oceania's normal spot as you know...  Crystal uses if it is available.  Otherwise it is likely C or the open space dock between C and D. 

Edited by PaulMCO

thanks  all

I will keep my fingers crossed it will be "J"

We are disembarking in Miami 

Yes I  do know  things can change from cruise to cruise & where the  ship dock  as I did say in my post above

I have cruised before  just not on Crystal 🙄

12 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Lynne -- Terminal J is Oceania's normal spot as you know...  Crystal uses if it is available.  Otherwise it is likely C or the open space dock between C and D. 

Thanks  Paul

Lyn

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Thank you

That is great news  👍

Now let’s just hope I’m right!

We could look to see who else is in port that day. If Azamara, or one of the smaller Oceanias, then I think we’ll be disappointed (thee and me, since we’re on the same cruise!).

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

I know Miami has a major new terminal under construction.  I wonder if that open space is still open.

Roy

50 minutes ago, May B said:

We could look to see who else is in port that day. If Azamara, or one of the smaller Oceanias, then I think we’ll be disappointed (thee and me, since we’re on the same cruise!).

Muriel are you on the same cruise with Philip?  If so he said that the final cruise documents show terminal J.  

if not what cruise are you on?

Keith

1 minute ago, Keith1010 said:

Muriel are you on the same cruise with Philip?  If so he said that the final cruise documents show terminal J.  

Keith

Looked at my documents for the Nov. 17th Symphony out of Miami and don't see where a terminal is listed. As I remember, you can see all the ships as you cross the bridge into the port area and I've always pointed my cab driver to the Crystal ship and the cabby always gets me there!!😎

Patty

Patty you are correct.  As you cross the bridge you will see the ships plus you have signs listing the ships. Easy.  

Often they list the Miami terminal in the documents. When they don’t it is because they are uncertain which terminal will be used.

Personally  I would have no concerns which terminal it is.  Just  seeing the ship and knowing you will be on board soon is wonderful .  It is a very easy port to navigate. 

Keith

1 hour ago, May B said:

Darn Riviera  docks the  same day 😞

Maybe they will put them someplace other than J 😎

I can dream

21 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Personally  I would have no concerns which terminal it is.  Just  seeing the ship and knowing you will be on board soon is wonderful .  It is a very easy port to navigate. 

Keith

I have no concerns seeing the ship because we will be on her

I was hoping  to dock at Terminal J  as it is much easier & less chaotic  to get a taxi from there

YMMV

29 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I have no concerns seeing the ship because we will be on her

I was hoping  to dock at Terminal J  as it is much easier & less chaotic  to get a taxi from there

YMMV

I hear you.

One interesting thing is that a couple of years ago there was a lot of confusion with the luggage at Terminal J and which way people were going as they left the ship so you just never know.  On the Regent board they all talk about delays they have had at this terminal so I think the others are really fine. 

But I do understand what you mean in terms of it being a quieter terminal.

Keith

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I know Miami has a major new terminal under construction.  I wonder if that open space is still open.

Roy

Royal Caribbean's Crown of Miami Terminal, built to accommodate their "tiny" ships! I think it is supposed to open for this Winter season.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

The area being constructed is on the right side of C -- the new NCL terminal B

Further down is the RCL Terminal A for the Mega Ship (Symphony of the Seas)

All of this construction means they will run out of dock space  🙂

Edited by PaulMCO

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Keith

Actually, Keith, would you believe I’ll be fortunate enough to be cruising into Miami in Nov. on Symphony and in Dec. on Serenity? What a life!

Philip, otoh, is cruising OUT of Miami, to many points west, I believe!

5 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Looked at my documents for the Nov. 17th Symphony out of Miami and don't see where a terminal is listed. As I remember, you can see all the ships as you cross the bridge into the port area and I've always pointed my cab driver to the Crystal ship and the cabby always gets me there!!😎

Patty

Actually, we once drove there and went fahblunget, b/c I’d never experienced J before, and I thought ALL the docks are on the north side of the peninsula! When four adults can’t see one sign, it’s pretty silly. 

And then we STILL had trouble FINDING J. Of course the story had a happy ending. And I certainly learned something!

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Darn Riviera  docks the  same day 😞

Maybe they will put them someplace other than J 😎

I can dream

Riviera carries more pax than Symphony or Serenity, although with all of Crystal’s public space, perhaps they’re similar size.

And I agree with you 100%, J is wonderfully easy.

20 minutes ago, May B said:

Riviera carries more pax than Symphony or Serenity, although with all of Crystal’s public space, perhaps they’re similar size.

I will find out  in Dec

Riviera  is a nice size though it does have 1250 pax it does not feel crowded

See you in Dec 😉

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I will find out  in Dec

Riviera  is a nice size though it does have 1250 pax it does not feel crowded

See you in Dec 😉

Yes! And I think you embark in Port Everglades and debark in Miami. Not everybody can lay claim to THAT distinction. 😃

3 hours ago, May B said:

Actually, Keith, would you believe I’ll be fortunate enough to be cruising into Miami in Nov. on Symphony and in Dec. on Serenity? What a life!

Philip, otoh, is cruising OUT of Miami, to many points west, I believe!

Muriel, there is a saying "life is good" and that applies to you having cruises on Symphony and Serenity on two consecutive months.

Keith