Sailaway Tour questions!

mook1525

Hello!

I am thinking about booking a snorkeling tour with Sailaway and have some questions..

1. Is Moomba beach a name of a restaurant?? It says check in at Moomba Beach but they are located at Palm Beach? bit confusing here lol. 
Did you take a taxi there? How long was a ride?

2. We are thinking about doing a morning snorkeling and jus hanging out at the Palm Beach in the afternoon . is there a beach chair and umbrellas available for rent?? 

3. can we bring our own snorkel mask?

4. What type of flotation device do they use? We are not experienced swimmers.

5. Any tips you can share??

thanks a lot!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Moomba Beach is a large bar/restaurant in Palm Beach. We stayed within walking distance, but taxis are easy to use in Aruba. It shouldn't be more than 15-20 minutes from the dock. You can rent umbrellas, but I would advise booking those in advance. You can always bring your own snorkeling mask. Every snorkeling cruise I've been on (haven't been on Sailaway) had flotation devices available. If you are not using the cruise's excursion, I'd highly recommend the Black Pearl. Small groups, very comfortable seats, and the best cheese sandwiches! 

On 10/10/2019 at 9:34 PM, mook1525 said:

Hello!

I am thinking about booking a snorkeling tour with Sailaway and have some questions..

1. Is Moomba beach a name of a restaurant?? It says check in at Moomba Beach but they are located at Palm Beach? bit confusing here lol. 
Did you take a taxi there? How long was a ride?

2. We are thinking about doing a morning snorkeling and jus hanging out at the Palm Beach in the afternoon . is there a beach chair and umbrellas available for rent?? 

3. can we bring our own snorkel mask?

4. What type of flotation device do they use? We are not experienced swimmers.

5. Any tips you can share??

thanks a lot!!!!

We did the Sailaway Tour last year. I think we're going to book it again in 2020.

1) Ask the taxi to take you to Hadicurari Pier. They will know where it is. The check in is a little stand at the end of a side road, right in front of the docks. IIRC the ride was about 15 mins.

2) We were able to walk off the Black Pearl and grab chairs right at the Holiday Inn (?) beachfront, spent the rest of the day on the beach. 

3) Yes. We brought all our own equipment.

4) I think they have the "basic" life vest. Think similar to what you see on an airplane. Likely you will not want to snorkel the first stop on the trip over the Antilla shipwreck. I was the only one of our group that went in the water there. You do need to be a good swimmer for that. (at least the day we were there) The other two stops were nice, easy, calm snorkels. IIRC the second stop the water isn't very deep at all.         My kids were 7 and 5. They did both the second and third stops.

5) Have fun!

Absolutely use sun screen all day. (the reef approved kind) There's a nice breeze all day, but the sun is 100% full effect. Sneaky like that.

You MUST have dry clothes to get into a cab. They WILL NOT take you with a wet swimsuit. We walked through the Holiday Inn and got a cab back to port from out front. 

On 10/26/2019 at 4:09 PM, CathieZC said:

Moomba Beach is a large bar/restaurant in Palm Beach. We stayed within walking distance, but taxis are easy to use in Aruba. It shouldn't be more than 15-20 minutes from the dock. You can rent umbrellas, but I would advise booking those in advance. You can always bring your own snorkeling mask. Every snorkeling cruise I've been on (haven't been on Sailaway) had flotation devices available. If you are not using the cruise's excursion, I'd highly recommend the Black Pearl. Small groups, very comfortable seats, and the best cheese sandwiches! 

thank you!