Cruise Critic Community

My British Cruise Critic friends have educated me about a proper Gin & Tonic.  Most cruise lines have at least one Gin that fits the definition, but the Tonics then sabotage the drink.  The absolute worst is Royal Club, with 'the hose' a close second.

What Tonics does Windstar stock onboard?  [I'm hoping you will say 'FeverTree' but Schweppes would be acceptable as a minimum guarantee.]

PS – I would gladly pay an upcharge to get Silent Pool gin with FeverTree Elderflower tonic.

On 10/10/2019 at 7:46 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

My British Cruise Critic friends have educated me about a proper Gin & Tonic.  Most cruise lines have at least one Gin that fits the definition, but the Tonics then sabotage the drink.  The absolute worst is Royal Club, with 'the hose' a close second.

What Tonics does Windstar stock onboard?  [I'm hoping you will say 'FeverTree' but Schweppes would be acceptable as a minimum guarantee.]

PS – I would gladly pay an upcharge to get Silent Pool gin with FeverTree Elderflower tonic.

I’m a big fan of Fever Tree as well but it’s difficult for us to source globally for our worldwide deployment so we do use Schweppes. I’ve never had Silent Pool Gin but will have to give it a try.

3 hours ago, WSCPresident said:

I’m a big fan of Fever Tree as well but it’s difficult for us to source globally for our worldwide deployment so we do use Schweppes. I’ve never had Silent Pool Gin but will have to give it a try.

We had the infamous Royal Tonic in our minibar on Pride last month...not Schweppes.

And I had it (but didn’t drink it) on Ponant in August. Plus we know that Azamara’s attempts to root it out keep failing. It must be made with Kudzu — impossible to eradicate!

A further thought for Windstar re worldwide sourcing of Fevertree tonic:  Amazon sells it by the case (with free Prime delivery):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016PQZOGC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have it delivered to your port agents around the world, then calculate the net cost per bottle and offer it as an upgrade.  Why should only 'call' liquor have an upcharge?