Price Drop

peter1956

If you booked through a travel agent, only that agent can talk to Celebrity about your booking. They will not speak with you directly.

Are you before or after final payment date? If you are after final payment you probably will not be able to take advantage of any price drop.

Be sure to look carefully at the new price that you are seeing online to make sure it has exactly the same perks you’re booking already has. If not, you will probably lose those perks if you rebook.

If you are booked with a TA, only the TA can manage the booking.  So yes call your TA.   Also make sure the current pricing you are seeing includes any perks you may have had with your original booking including the additional $14 pd/pp they are now including with the Classic Beverage Package if you have that selected as a perk.

Thanks for the replies 🙂 I am with an Agent so hopefully they will do the right thing.

The current offer is cheaper even though it includes the $14 on the drinks package plus has the extra $200 OBC that they are currently offering.

12 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

If you booked through a travel agent, only that agent can talk to Celebrity about your booking. They will not speak with you directly.

Are you before or after final payment date? If you are after final payment you probably will not be able to take advantage of any price drop.

Be sure to look carefully at the new price that you are seeing online to make sure it has exactly the same perks you’re booking already has. If not, you will probably lose those perks if you rebook.

We were after final payment.  Price dropped.  We got a room upgrade!

• Like 1

That different countries different rules thing came into play for us when we booked an Asia cruise with our UK cousins.  We booked here in the US, they booked in the UK. We even linked the reservations but when the price dropped after final payment our TA was able to us upgraded from 2A to C3, could have gone to A2 but our cousins could not get anything... The next cruise we booked together we did through my US TA and when the price dropped we all saved a few hundred $$$.   So call your TA and ask.  Asking is free.

1 hour ago, FeelingCruisy said:

So if price dropped before final payment and assuming all perks are the same then they can adjust the price so final payment will be less than original?

In North America yes.  With deposits being historically refundable up until final payment date they allow repricing vs the client just canceling and rebooking. 

We have no luck with price drops this time around .  All of our booked cruises are way up.. Glad we  booked ahead  and have decent perks including Alc, OBC, grats, etc. We will keep checking...you never know!

Yes dummy booking on Celebrity site or the TA site of your choice.  If I find something lower on my favorite TA site I confirm on the Celebrity site.   There are some TA sites which display all the pricing options on one page making it easier to see pricing with different perks/deposit etc.

7 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

We did too. No extra charge, upgraded to nicer location Concierge well after final payment. Just depends on who you get on the phone. 

Was this for the Dec 2020 cruise? 

17 hours ago, peter1956 said:

I take it that everyone just makes a dummy booking on the Celebrity web site to check prices or is there a better way of doing this?

The Celebrity website will be the most accurate. It isn't unknown for TA sites to advertise prices in need of updating though that is rare. 

There is also a pay to use third party monitoring website that will send you an email when prices move which can be very useful. However it's accuracy and timing have been getting worse in previous months. It does still work but not as well as it once did. Google this as we're not allowed to mention it as the site owners think this is a bit 'fishy'. 

Just an update on this.

My TA followed it up but it turned out it was my computer. Even though it showed I had two perks once I pressed the buy button and filled out the names I was only getting the the base price and no perks. Luckily I put the booking on the 24 hour complementary hold and phoned up Celebrity to check what was going on. 

One thing I learntbout of it was that the drinks package is costing roughly $300 each for a 10 day cruise, so in our case worth it.