Cruise Critic Community

While I understand that the house wants to make a profit and also has a duty to protect passengers from themselves in terms of over indulging to the point of being at risk, I'm wondering if Windstar couldn't come up with a better scheme in terms of BYOB wine.

My husband and I are cruising with friends next year.  We are avid wine collectors with deep cellars of well aged wines.  As we live on opposite sides of the country, we don't get the opportunity to often have dinner and great wines together.  

While the Windstar list is adequate, it's not great and it's very, very young.

I'm wondering if Windstar couldn't come up with a scheme to allow passengers to bring on additional bottles of wine with the caveat that they are taken and stored to be retrieved for dinner each night.  We are happy to pay a higher corkage for the privilege of bringing our own bottles.  I'm sure that we aren't the only ones.  

On 10/11/2019 at 7:47 AM, ducklite said:

While I understand that the house wants to make a profit and also has a duty to protect passengers from themselves in terms of over indulging to the point of being at risk, I'm wondering if Windstar couldn't come up with a better scheme in terms of BYOB wine.

My husband and I are cruising with friends next year.  We are avid wine collectors with deep cellars of well aged wines.  As we live on opposite sides of the country, we don't get the opportunity to often have dinner and great wines together.  

While the Windstar list is adequate, it's not great and it's very, very young.

I'm wondering if Windstar couldn't come up with a scheme to allow passengers to bring on additional bottles of wine with the caveat that they are taken and stored to be retrieved for dinner each night.  We are happy to pay a higher corkage for the privilege of bringing our own bottles.  I'm sure that we aren't the only ones.  

Windstar does allow our guests to bring up to two bottles of wine per person onboard no charge on 7-day cruises and up to three on longer cruises and many guests do take advantage of this.

Not that I want to catch you offguard Mr. Delaney, but I believe Windstar’s current policy is as you stated 2 bottles per 1 week cruise and 3 bottles for longer cruises per stateroom not per person

2 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

Not that I want to catch you offguard Mr. Delaney, but I believe Windstar’s current policy is as you stated 2 bottles per 1 week cruise and 3 bottles for longer cruises per stateroom not per person

Good catch.  It would eliminate some of the problem if it were per person.