Best Food Worst Food

Airbear232

16 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Some advice for those that seem a bit fussy.

Go and have a few beers prior to eating.

All food tastes good then.

I like your idea , but rather have some wine or cocktails before during and after dinner 

On 10/11/2019 at 9:00 AM, Airbear232 said:

Would be interested in getting others perspective and maybe learn something and get ideas on things to try and avoid.

In my experience....Best is Celebrity and worst is NCL.  

5 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

In my experience....Best is Celebrity and worst is NCL.  

It is all a matter of opinion and what you eat or do not eat.I am a very finicky eater and there are only certain foods I eat.For me personally NCL has good food and so does RCI .

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is all a matter of opinion and what you eat or do not eat.I am a very finicky eater and there are only certain foods I eat.For me personally NCL has good food and so does RCI .

Of course it's opinion. That should go without saying.  I agree about RCI.  Many people complain about their food but I've had wonderful meals on RCI and I think they have some great specialty restaurants.  I wish I could say the same about NCL.  I loved their Waterfront venues on Escape and we did enjoy the food at La Cucina but to me, the rest of the food just did not measure up to the other lines.  

Edited by Aquahound

Since I'm really 'into' food, both cooking and dining out, I've been thinking about this. Plus I watched a bit of a video with food in it. I think, for me anyway, a lot of the difference between best and worst is if it's overcooked.  It could be a steak or broccoli - don't overcook it.

17 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Of course it's opinion. That should go without saying.  I agree about RCI.  Many people complain about their food but I've had wonderful meals on RCI and I think they have some great specialty restaurants.  I wish I could say the same about NCL.  I loved their Waterfront venues on Escape and we did enjoy the food at La Cucina but to me, the rest of the food just did not measure up to the other lines.  

I will be on an NCL cruise in 5 days.I hope I enjoy the food.

9 minutes ago, clo said:

Since I'm really 'into' food, both cooking and dining out, I've been thinking about this. Plus I watched a bit of a video with food in it. I think, for me anyway, a lot of the difference between best and worst is if it's overcooked.  It could be a steak or broccoli - don't overcook it.

Over the last 65 plus years I have dined out more times than I can count. I also did restaurant reviews many years ago for a newspaper.I believe that I am a good judge of food.However,I have been to restaurants that are highly rated and I did not like the food and to restaurants poorly rated where I loved the food.

1 hour ago, clo said:

Again though a matter of opinion.

i like my streak rare, mrs Gut likes her’s cremated, then the restaurant burnt to the ground, then cook the ashes

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

i like my streak rare, mrs Gut likes her’s cremated, then the restaurant burnt to the ground, then cook the ashes

Bob and I like our cow still breathing.  We'd have never married had we had THAT incompatibility 🙂 But hopefully you don't like overcooked vegetables.  I grew up in the Southern US and never saw a bright green vegetable til I moved to SF in my late 20s.  When a restaurant serves them over cooked I just don't eat them.  But if what ought to be rare isn't then I send it back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clo said:

Bob and I like our cow still breathing.  We'd have never married had we had THAT incompatibility 🙂 But hopefully you don't like overcooked vegetables.  I grew up in the Southern US and never saw a bright green vegetable til I moved to SF in my late 20s.  When a restaurant serves them over cooked I just don't eat them.  But if what ought to be rare isn't then I send it back.

If I go out for a burger it must be so well done that it looks like a hockey puck.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Again though a matter of opinion.

I am with Mrs Gut. Charcoal that steak. No blood. I am not a cannibal. Or a Vampire.

2 hours ago, DarrenM said:

No blood

It's not blood.

The red liquid is actually myoglobin, a protein that's only found in muscle tissue. Myoglobin carries oxygen through the muscle and contains a red pigment – which is why muscle tissue is red. As a steak is cooked, the myoglobin darkens – which is why the more “well-done” the meat is, the grayer it looks.May 18, 2017

That red juice oozing out of your steak isn't blood

https://nypost.com › 2017/05/18 › that-red-juice-oozing-out-of-your-steak-is...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, clo said:

We are incompatible in so many ways, guess that’s why we are fast approaching 40 years. She liked the wrong type of music, followed the wrong football team, likes steaks burnt (but now days follows a near Vegan diet thanks to Pancreatitis), I think the only 5hing we had in common was that we both love the same person.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, clo said:

It's not blood.

The red liquid is actually myoglobin, a protein that's only found in muscle tissue. Myoglobin carries oxygen through the muscle and contains a red pigment – which is why muscle tissue is red. As a steak is cooked, the myoglobin darkens – which is why the more “well-done” the meat is, the grayer it looks.May 18, 2017

That red juice oozing out of your steak isn't blood

https://nypost.com › 2017/05/18 › that-red-juice-oozing-out-of-your-steak-is...

Wow,a quote from the NY Post.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Wow,a quote from the NY Post.

Yeah.  But it's true.  I just picked the easiest to understand.  As I've mentioned I'm on a food site and we 'talk' about this kind of stuff 🙂

6 minutes ago, clo said:

Yeah.  But it's true.  I just picked the easiest to understand.  As I've mentioned I'm on a food site and we 'talk' about this kind of stuff 🙂

Completetely off topic but interesting,at least I think so.About 25 years ago,the NY Daily News posed a question to its readers.If Casablanca was to be recast whom would you choose for the Bogart and Bergman roles.My picks were Howard Stern and Meryl Streep.

i was awarded second place and the newspaper sent a crew to my office to interview and film me.I also received a VHS gold copy of the film which I still have and never opened it.

4 minutes ago, clo said:

He was on Bill Maher and I also heard him on NPR (Fresh Air I believe).  He has changed A LOT.  For the better.

He is also a lot older than he was when he was in the public eye a lot.

I met him in the late 90’s.One of the guys on his show was friends with the daughter of a business associate of mine and she got me into a press conference  .I got to ask him one question.

8 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

We are incompatible in so many ways, guess that’s why we are fast approaching 40 years. She liked the wrong type of music, followed the wrong football team, likes steaks burnt (but now days follows a near Vegan diet thanks to Pancreatitis), I think the only 5hing we had in common was that we both love the same person.

Me and my partner are very much like this. She hates sport, I watch it all the time, so many sports. I love my music, she hates it. I hate her music, all of it. She is nice.😉 She would love formal nights, if they werent quite so formal, if she thought I wouldnt hate them so much, she loves the Royal family, I would wipe them out.

Neither of us are religious, but she could be swayed, I could never be.

Brexit. We both agree on Brexit. Or rather we both agree its a stupid idea.