Smoking on Royal Princess

hondo1717

A question.  We are thinking about an Aft Suite on the Royal Princess. The port side or the starboard side Dolphin deck? Is the smoking area on the starboard side deck 7 a concern for the starboard side suite on Dolphin deck?  

Thank You

8 minutes ago, hondo1717 said:

A question.  We are thinking about an Aft Suite on the Royal Princess. The port side or the starboard side Dolphin deck? Is the smoking area on the starboard side deck 7 a concern for the starboard side suite on Dolphin deck?  

Thank You

Smoking area is on the starboard side deck 7 aft patio outside the Vista Lounge. Doubtful you would have any effects two decks above, but if you book the port side you eliminate any risk of the smell of smoke.

Thank you.  I was hoping to take the starboard side this trip... But didn't want to risk having  smelling smoke a concern with the smoking area on deck 7 below. Hoping someone that stayed in that cabin, would know... But, two decks above is some relief.  Thank you for your response.  Much appreciated

i suspect when the ship is moving the winds will blow the smoke away quickly....however when in port it could easily drift up a couple of floors...not sure if a lot of people are out there smoking when in port though....there is another smoking area on one of the higher decks ...strangely near the kiddie play area....i could smell the smoke a lot of days when trying to do a walk on the sports deck walking track...

41 minutes ago, hondo1717 said:

Thank you.  I was hoping to take the starboard side this trip... But didn't want to risk having  smelling smoke a concern with the smoking area on deck 7 below. Hoping someone that stayed in that cabin, would know... But, two decks above is some relief.  Thank you for your response.  Much appreciated

I have been on Emerald deck right above and never smelled a thing in port or at sea.

We were on it a couple of weeks ago. My mom smokes and didn't like the deck 7 because it is a really small area and the ashtrays are literally metal boxes attached to the side of the ship encouraging standing while smoking. There also aren't any tables or chairs, just a  few loungers. We abandoned that area for the much larger Deck 17Aft (Port and Starboard) or Churchill's on deck 6. I would be surprised if you smelled it too much. That being said, if you have an allergy or have difficulty breathing, I would avoid it.