AMA Cabin Help Needed!

Travalerie

I just booked a cruise on the AmaMora for next fall.  I booked a CB category.  These are four cabins at the back of the ship near the Chef's Table restaurant. I am trying to figure out which one to choose because two are configured a little differently. I obviously want to choose the one that has the best use of space.  Any advice?

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 9.29.02 AM.png

No advice on the cabin, but on the AMALea ,  the Chef’s Table had a coffee machine, and our cabin was nearby.(325)    Getting your early morning coffee to have in the cabin or to sit, usually alone, in the chef’s table was a nice advantage. 

Edited by KY Deb

We were in 334 on the AmaLea from Budapest to Vilshofen last summer. Because the water levels were low and the distance was great, the captain had to really gun the engine on our first night as we travelled from Budapest to Bratislava. The noise and vibration in this room from the engine was incredible and we barely slept. After the first night it was fine - water levels were controlled by locks and the distances covered were much shorter - but that first night was awful and I would never book this room again. Even one room up like 332 would be an improvement. Also be aware that these are the smallest rooms on the ship, albeit with a French Balcony. The size was fine for us as we really only used the room to sleep in, but you may feel differently.

20 hours ago, KY Deb said:

No advice on the cabin, but on the AMALea ,  the Chef’s Table had a coffee machine, and our cabin was nearby.(325)    Getting your early morning coffee to have in the cabin or to sit, usually alone, in the chef’s table was a nice advantage. 

Sounds very nice!  Thanks!  I was on the AmaViola in March. I went to Chef's Table, but did not notice the coffee machine!

18 hours ago, ReaderGirl57 said:

We were in 334 on the AmaLea from Budapest to Vilshofen last summer. Because the water levels were low and the distance was great, the captain had to really gun the engine on our first night as we travelled from Budapest to Bratislava. The noise and vibration in this room from the engine was incredible and we barely slept. After the first night it was fine - water levels were controlled by locks and the distances covered were much shorter - but that first night was awful and I would never book this room again. Even one room up like 332 would be an improvement. Also be aware that these are the smallest rooms on the ship, albeit with a French Balcony. The size was fine for us as we really only used the room to sleep in, but you may feel differently.

Another friend just told me about the noise.  I was able to upgrade and move a few cabins forward.  I had the split balcony before which was lovely. I only went out there once though. The sitting area was used for my clothes ;). I figured I would save money there and upgrade our flights.  

• 2 years later...
On 10/11/2019 at 12:32 PM, Travalerie said:

I just booked a cruise on the AmaMora for next fall.  I booked a CB category.  These are four cabins at the back of the ship near the Chef's Table restaurant. I am trying to figure out which one to choose because two are configured a little differently. I obviously want to choose the one that has the best use of space.  Any advice?

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 9.29.02 AM.png

I know your ship has sailed but I’m responding so anyone else doing a search has this information. We were in room 332 and it was pretty noisy throughout, definitely enough to disrupt sleep. The empty space by the stair case in front of room 334 is a public restroom and has the same noise problem that we did. 331 would probably be the best choice as 333 is right next to the public area. Because of Covid the coffee shop at the end everyone talks about was closed (we sailed August/September 2021).  The rooms are very very very tiny but manageable. There is a lot of  space under the bed for luggage . The photo of the hallway shows 333 on the left, 332 is to the right of the Klimt painting and 331 is immediately left (can’t see). 334 is opposite 331 next to the public bathroom as I mentioned

7FCA8E97-2FEE-4D18-91F6-CCACC4EDD004.jpeg

0B9ADC59-1FCB-4CC5-8328-B708E4B1689C.jpeg

A3B45FF7-B0BA-4D56-831D-7C0AE4685F29.jpeg

F1E68A0F-C44A-42BD-A413-1EFFC61FF046.jpeg

13A51ED2-D785-4EFB-9DA2-F0E4C0AE4FD8.jpeg

A6BA3ED8-4567-4154-B0B6-47C3E67ACCB6.jpeg