Our brochure has arrived up to 2022

Presto2

10 hours ago, Britboys said:

Non-marketing communication from P&O is a complete mystery.  I am opted in and have been sailing with P&O for for 22 years - sometimes I get a 'Moments' magazine and at others I don't.  Sometimes I get a full brochure and sometimes the abridged version.  It really is anyone's guess...

This is exactly what happens to me, I’m opted in and I ended up requesting a’Moments’ via Facebook last time. I’ve got the small brochure - I’m very very surprised. I actually didn’t sail with P&O this year so wondering if this is why?

13 minutes ago, Ecuador said:

Received the small brochure.Just need the prices now.

Yes, I presume that the bigger brochure has all the prices.

For those who got the bigger version how are the prices looking compared to previous years, just curious if the fall of the pound has had any impact.

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes, I presume that the bigger brochure has all the prices.

For those who got the bigger version how are the prices looking compared to previous years, just curious if the fall of the pound has had any impact.

There are some indicative prices, but they're specific to particular dates and cabins - I don't think it's possible to draw any conclusions from them.  Dynamic pricing makes brochure prices pretty irrelevant these days.  I suppose the prices that appear on the website shortly will be fixed for a very short time, though, if pre-registered.

16 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Britboys - Thank you 

Could you please post what Azura is doing then too ?

Azura's last Caribbean-only cruise is 5th/6th March - Barbados, St Vincent, St Kitts, St Maarten, Grand Turk, Tortola, Antigua, St Lucia, Grenada, Barbados.

On 19th March she re-positions to Malta, calling at Gran Canaria and Cadiz along the way.

No brochure for us 🙁.  I am hoping that there is a school holiday no fly that isn't to Norway, whilst beautiful I don't want to go again. Already booked for the med next August on brittania. I am hoping that there is a canaries itinerary available in August 2021.

The school holiday cruises book up so quickly 😕

6 minutes ago, cabin4three said:

No brochure for us 🙁.  I am hoping that there is a school holiday no fly that isn't to Norway, whilst beautiful I don't want to go again. Already booked for the med next August on brittania. I am hoping that there is a canaries itinerary available in August 2021.

The school holiday cruises book up so quickly 😕

There is only 1x12nt holiday in August 2021 to Canaries on Oceana on 9th Aug.

• Like 1

I decided that despite being away from home and supposedly on a technology break I needed to look at the P&O site for 2021 holidays.  I am disappointed, nothing new and nothing to excite me.  My husband and I disappointed that Azura has been sent to Malta because we can't fly and we found Britannia to big for us so don't even want to consider Iona.  I can't say why but Ventura is IMHO nowhere near as good as Azura so we are pretty much stuck with the older ships, Arcadia, Aurora and Oceana, while we like all of them we find less to do on them.  It looks like a return to Princess and/or Celebrity for our 2021 cruises.

• Like 1

We still haven’t had our brochure yet. Just phoned them up saying we hadn’t had the 2021 brochure yet even though we are getting all the e-mails about pre registering and the chap was really puzzled, didn’t even seem to know there was a new brochure. 

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

We still haven’t had our brochure yet. Just phoned them up saying we hadn’t had the 2021 brochure yet even though we are getting all the e-mails about pre registering and the chap was really puzzled, didn’t even seem to know there was a new brochure. 

I am not sure they have released another public brochure, but most people on their list seem to have got either a large brochure or a 36 page 'booklet' just listing the cruises and the list of ports with no dates or prices of the new cruises from spring 2021.

It has been somewhat upscaled now as all those cruises have been available to search on the website since 8am this morning.  The booklet and brochure had said Peninsula club members get 10% discount (and others 5% discount), but if you look at another thread which I started this morning (re choice of grade when pre register), it appears that the prices showing on the P&O website have already been discounted by 5%.  So effectively a Peninsula club member will get 5% discount off those prices.  Cruises not on sale yet of course so still plenty of time to pre reg if you wish to do so.  Dates cruises go on sale are on P&O website.

Edited by tring

There are two Oceana cruises departing in June, same length, same destination etc.  There are also two Britannia holidays departing in June/July (pre school holiday) same length, same destination etc.

For an inside room, the Britannia holiday is £50 (select) more expensive for the later departure.  I can understand that as it is possibly more peak summer.

The Oceana holiday (inside room) is £120 cheaper to travel on the slightly later cruise.  That doesn't make sense...unless of course one of them is a Portunus cruise with an "extra 5% discount" to be applied.  Even with the special discount it is still approx. £40.00 more expensive...

Nice to be appreciated lol.

Edited by crompton21

1 hour ago, Cristaltips said:

Does anyone think that the prices on the smaller ships have increased significantly this year? Perhaps they’re pushing Iona & Britannia which are too large for us.

I think that was to be expected, but I was pleasantly surprised. 

We have chosen an Aurora cruise which we felt was keenly priced. 

There are still a few 'bargains' in there. 

They have to fill the bigger ships so need to keep them keen and I think they are hoping that the smaller ships will look after themselves with the traditional passengers who do not like the big beasts. 

We like both, so plenty of choice for us. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I think that was to be expected, but I was pleasantly surprised. 

We have chosen an Aurora cruise which we felt was keenly priced. 

There are still a few 'bargains' in there. 

They have to fill the bigger ships so need to keep them keen and I think they are hoping that the smaller ships will look after themselves with the traditional passengers who do not like the big beasts. 

We like both, so plenty of choice for us. 

Andy 

Also aren’t the smaller ships going on mostly longer cruises? 
Great prices for Iona to Norway in 2021 but no way can I book that far in advance!

3 hours ago, crompton21 said:

There are two Oceana cruises departing in June, same length, same destination etc.  There are also two Britannia holidays departing in June/July (pre school holiday) same length, same destination etc.

For an inside room, the Britannia holiday is £50 (select) more expensive for the later departure.  I can understand that as it is possibly more peak summer.

The Oceana holiday (inside room) is £120 cheaper to travel on the slightly later cruise.  That doesn't make sense...unless of course one of them is a Portunus cruise with an "extra 5% discount" to be applied.  Even with the special discount it is still approx. £40.00 more expensive...

Nice to be appreciated lol.

I quite agree. I was looking at Arcadia and Aurora for Oct and Nov 2021 and will not be booking because the prices seem high. I suspect and hope that they will reduce in time because the grade of cabin we are looking for is currently overpriced compared to current and previous prices.

Edited by pete14

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

I quite agree. I was looking at Arcadia and Aurora for Oct and Nov 2021 and will not be booking because the prices seem high. I suspect and hope that they will reduce in time because the grade of cabin we are looking for is currently overpriced compared to current and previous prices.

Prices will only come down if enough people do not book the cruise. Simple economics show that a market will find its own level.

BTW.I have just priced up an Aurora cruise leaving on the same day as our first cruise in 2001. IE for August 21, twenty years on. Same cabin type. 01 the price was £183.00 pppn. The 21 price is £162.75 pppn. So in twenty years the price has gone down £20.25.

12 hours ago, daiB said:

...BTW.I have just priced up an Aurora cruise leaving on the same day as our first cruise in 2001. IE for August 21, twenty years on. Same cabin type. 01 the price was £183.00 pppn. The 21 price is £162.75 pppn. So in twenty years the price has gone down £20.25.

Which is why so many of the niceties and freebies have disappeared and the general standard has declined.  I'm not saying that today's prices are not good value, merely that it is now quite a different product.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Also aren’t the smaller ships going on mostly longer cruises? 
Great prices for Iona to Norway in 2021 but no way can I book that far in advance!

Yes, Aurora and Arcadia both have a lot of 18/19 night itineraries.  Really not surprised that Iona to Norway prices are good - she is basically doing the same itineraries for the second Summer season running and they have over 5000 berths to fill every 7 days!  Interesting to see that Bergen has been replaced with a town called Haugesund - I wonder why that is?

15 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Yes, Aurora and Arcadia both have a lot of 18/19 night itineraries.  Really not surprised that Iona to Norway prices are good - she is basically doing the same itineraries for the second Summer season running and they have over 5000 berths to fill every 7 days!  Interesting to see that Bergen has been replaced with a town called Haugesund - I wonder why that is?

Bergen has been a staple on cruises for years and are guaranteed bookings whereas I have only noticed Haugesund on itinerary’s much more recently. if you get the wrong berth in Bergen it can be a right royal pain waiting on shuttles, imagine the queues on Iona.

We visited Haugesund earlier this year and they were extremely welcoming, the dock side was pristine, they had lots of people to give local information, maps etc at the dock they put on entertainment and a shuttle into town (though the town was only a 15 minute walk away). We had a lovely day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Bergen has been a staple on cruises for years and are guaranteed bookings whereas I have only noticed Haugesund on itinerary’s much more recently. if you get the wrong berth in Bergen it can be a right royal pain waiting on shuttles, imagine the queues on Iona.

We visited Haugesund earlier this year and they were extremely welcoming, the dock side was pristine, they had lots of people to give local information, maps etc at the dock they put on entertainment and a shuttle into town (though the town was only a 15 minute walk away). We had a lovely day.

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable visit there.  I've only been to Bergen once and that was on a small ship.  Is there much to see/do in Haugesund?  Is it a pretty town?

3 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable visit there.  I've only been to Bergen once and that was on a small ship.  Is there much to see/do in Haugesund?  Is it a pretty town?

Not as pretty or as much to do as in Bergen but yes it was a nice little place with lots of wooden buildings, a long shopping street just off where the shuttle drops off and down the hill and on the waterside (opposite side of a canal from where the ship berths) lots of nice places to have a drink and people watch. There were also some great buskers.

If you like a walk then it is a very easy flat walk from the centre of the town the National, monument of Norway which is worth a visit. That was about 25 minutes walk each way. (The ship did a tour to it which is useful if anyone is less mobile but not something I would have paid for).  They have story boards to tell you the history of the monument. As for a map at the ship side and they will circle the route to this for you.

There are dramatic view points on the coast, a couple of small museums and a nice church. Enough for a relaxing port day.

• Thanks 1

We got the 36 pamphlet from P&O on Saturday.  With no pricing it was pretty useless. Today we received from a well known Derbyshire TA the complete new schedule,  complete with pricing for the main cabin categories. If they can do it, why can't P&O?