Bungalow at Coco Cay worth it?

Snshyne

• Clarea changed the title to Bungalow at Coco Cay worth it?

It depends.

How many in your party?  What are you looking for?  How much are they selling for?  What is your personal spending ability?

On an upcoming cruise, the South Beach cabanas are $1699.  A bit steep for me for 2 people.

4 hours ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

We have a 4 year old turning 5, are there any cabanas not at the thrill water park? We'd love to get one but hes to little for thrill. 

There are very expensive cabanas at the Oasis Lagoon Pool and also the beach, if you feel the need.  

There are also plenty of totally free loungers with umbrellas for shade in those places.  

• Like 1

I’m wondering how much the bungalow will cost.  It has not been on my cruise planner and I’ll be there in 3 weeks.  I plan to ask as soon as I get on board.  I think the bungalows look nicer than the cabanas from what I’ve seen on YouTube.  

when I get back I’ll post the info.

Loralie

I have an oasis lagoon pool cabana for 339.00 (plus some other discounts bringing me down to 256.00) for next week. I jumped at that and since I purchased it, it has gone 500.00 and more...

you can get a deal sometimes and to me its going to be worth it for the price I paid

2 hours ago, Loralie said:

I’m wondering how much the bungalow will cost.  It has not been on my cruise planner and I’ll be there in 3 weeks.  I plan to ask as soon as I get on board.  I think the bungalows look nicer than the cabanas from what I’ve seen on YouTube.  

when I get back I’ll post the info.

Loralie

Where have you seen bungalows on Coco Cay? 

I've only seen the beach bungalows on Labadee....

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

I’m wondering this too. I’ve seen the beach beds, the Chill Island Cabanas, the Oasis Lagoon Cabanas, and the Thrill-waterpark pass-included Cabanas in our Cruise Planner. However, I have not seen mention of any bungalows on Coco Cay.

Is this for the South Beach area? None of that has shown up for my cruises. So that would make sense. 

9 hours ago, aring75 said:

I’m wondering this too. I’ve seen the beach beds, the Chill Island Cabanas, the Oasis Lagoon Cabanas, and the Thrill-waterpark pass-included Cabanas in our Cruise Planner. However, I have not seen mention of any bungalows on Coco Cay.

Is this for the South Beach area? None of that has shown up for my cruises. So that would make sense. 

I have a cruise w/ Coco Cay scheduled for November of next year, when South Beach will be open, and still no mention of bungalows -- just beach club, over the water floating cabanas, and beach cabanas.  

15 hours ago, brillohead said:

I have seen a few YouTube videos about perfect day at  coco cay and I saw bungalows on the video.  It has not been offered on the cruise planner at all.  I’m sure it will be very expensive but i will check it out.

38 minutes ago, Loralie said:

I have seen a few YouTube videos about perfect day at  coco cay and I saw bungalows on the video.  It has not been offered on the cruise planner at all.  I’m sure it will be very expensive but i will check it out.

Are you sure they were bungalows, and not cabanas or beach beds?  

Are you sure the bungalows shown at 2:19 are even still there? I have not seen anyone post about those at all. I thought they were all beach beds and cabanas on Chill Island now (besides the regular lounge chairs and umbrellas, of course). Anyone who has been recently know for sure?

Bungalows used to be on south beach (we rented one August 2017)

With the changes to the island around formal opening of Perfect Day and the new South Beach club....the bungalows kinda went away.  In my cruise planner I see

Water park Cabanas

Chill Island Cabanas

South Beach Cabanas (which show as being in the same location as the old South Beach Bungalows we rented before so I suspect a branding/name change - and they also show as 'sold out' for the last 5 months so may just be off the market entirely)

South Beach Day beds

Lagoon Cabana

Beach Club Cabana

Beach club over water cabana

Edited by dodgestang

On 10/16/2019 at 2:51 PM, brillohead said:

South Beach doesn't exist anymore.... being replaced entirely by the Beach Club from what I can tell.  

So it follows that the South Beach Bungalows won't exist anymore, either....

We sail in June 2020, and we have South Beach Cabanas as an option.  I reserved two at $399 per cabana, because it sounded like a bargain.  All other cabana options were $999 - $1899.