Handbag question

SarahHben

I take one generic clutch bag for formal evenings and pack a Kipling candy bag in my suitcase for taking ashore as either a cross body or rucksack. Use a Kipling travel tote as my hand luggage which holds everything else I need.

Apart from that, my husband's pockets are very useful!!!

I usually have one largish bag for travelling, to hold passport, travel documents etc. I then switch to a smaller bag for day to day use as I need to carry glasses, and always like to have tissues with me. For evenings I take just a small bronze/pewter coloured bag with a strap, just big enough for my glasses, which goes with all my outfits  - I prefer to read the menu myself  For days out I use a tote bag. So in total I take 4 bags.

1 minute ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

So much easier being a bloke. One wallet, one pair shoes, two pairs trainers, job done. 😋

1 minute ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

So much easier being a bloke. One wallet, one pair shoes, two pairs trainers, job done. 😋

2 pairs of trainers!! Show off... 😊

I take a largish tote that I use on embarkaction/debark days and around the pool.

A Travelon medium cross body bag that is almost theft proof (you'd actually have to be held up at knifepoint and hand it over for someone to get something out of it - double lock zippers and slash proof fabric and strap!!!), that I use day to day and on shore days (am diabetic so need to carry a few bits around with me that most don't!!)

2 or 3 clutch bags (again need insulin/test meter as well as cruise card and lippy, even just for dinner!!) but select them on which ones best go with what I'm taking that particular cruise to keep them to a minimum.

Likewise, only ever take a max of 3 pairs of evening shoes (2 if I can get away with it) - black, silver and either gold or bronze.

As for hubby's glasses - he has pockets for those!!!!!

On 10/13/2019 at 9:36 AM, ohnonotmeagain said:

Usually take 2 or 3 evening bags and a rucksack for daytime,shore ex.and embarkation, however this cruise I am taking 7 pairs of shoes....well it's a 28 nighter😂

My list of shoes is already up to 6 and I'm only on a 7 night cruise 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

My list of shoes is already up to 6 and I'm only on a 7 night cruise 😂

My wife normally takes an outfit for every evening plus at least one spare. We also dance so apparently needs normal shoes and dance shoes to match. Its amazing what you can get in one case.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mewat said:

My tip is to pack for your husband.  Then he can't pack anything that he doesn't really need and you get plenty of room for all those bags and shoes😊

Works every time for me!

Michele

That is a very good idea!

Ann141, I wouldn’t put my jewellery in my suitcase. We had a case disappear a few years ago, fortunately not the one with my jewellery in. So I now always carry it with me. We did eventually get the suitcase returned but not until we returned from holiday, not a cruise though. It was a nightmare however.