Cruise personaliser and account details

gazza999

I have cruised many times with other cruise lines, and have recently booked my first cruise with P&O.

After registering for a Cruise personaliser account, and entering the reference number, my booking details are shown.

However,  After registering for an account on the P&O website (with the same email address), when looking at upcoming cruises, it just says:  "We are unable to show you any cruise information at this time..This might be because you have not yet entered a valid URN (unique reference number)"   It does not seem to have linked the two systems together and I cannot find anywhere to enter the URN.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

When I logged onto the main p&o site earlier it said there was a problem with the cruise personaliser and they are working to fix it. I try to not go on there at weekends as its normally down plus my hubby has now banned me 😁 

Have another try as there has been some strange messages coming out of there in the last few days, I had been trying

to book flight seats for January but the site was down most of yesterday but managed in the end but not before some

strange messages coming back about my site was not secure and people were trying to hack my computer!

I had this trouble some time ago and this is how I resolved it - log on to pocruises.com/myaccount - you will find the space to enter your account number (URN) under 'my details'  towards the bottom of the page.  Your account number (URN) is your Peninsular Club number - mine starts POFA****D but when entering it I have to omit the PO and just enter FA then the 5 numbers and D. 

All works perfectly now!

Hope that helps.

Edited by Waju
Further information

21 minutes ago, Waju said:

I had this trouble some time ago and this is how I resolved it - log on to pocruises.com/myaccount - you will find the space to enter your account number (URN) under 'my details'  towards the bottom of the page.  Your account number (URN) is your Peninsular Club number - mine starts POFA****D but when entering it I have to omit the PO and just enter FA then the 5 numbers and D. 

All works perfectly now!

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, but as this is my first cruise with P&O, I am not yet a member of the Peninsular club.  Apparently you have to spend 15 nights on board before you become a member, you can't join prior to your first cruise like other cruise lines.

Is there any other way of finding my URN ?

Thanks

1 minute ago, gazza999 said:

Thanks for the info, but as this is my first cruise with P&O, I am not yet a member of the Peninsular club.  Apparently you have to spend 15 nights on board before you become a member, you can't join prior to your first cruise like other cruise lines.

Is there any other way of finding my URN ?

Thanks

You should be able to create a P&O account, simply go onto the P&O website and register to create an account, and follow the instructions to set up your own account.

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You should be able to create a P&O account, simply go onto the P&O website and register to create an account, and follow the instructions to set up your own account.

I have a P&O account but apparently you are unable to manually create a Peninsular Club account

Glad you got it sorted.  Sadly, P&O IT is really the pits.  There are regular problems with Cruise Personaliser and many people agree that the new P&O website is dreadful in many ways.  If I go into "My Account" at present and look under "My Cruises", it says that my next cruise is in 2021, when I have one booked for 2020!

Best all check your emails. 

Cruise Personaliser has been scrapped and a new site where everyone will have to register called

"My P&O Cruises" will quote "be up and running shortly"

Stunning !!!!  As we are among those who are on the Trans Atlantic Azura cruise on Friday doing back to backs

and were on a Thomas Cook flight home. 

Of course we have heard nothing regarding the rearranged flight from P&O.

2 hours ago, Saltybutnice13 said:

Best all check your emails. 

Cruise Personaliser has been scrapped and a new site where everyone will have to register called

"My P&O Cruises" will quote "be up and running shortly"

Stunning !!!!  As we are among those who are on the Trans Atlantic Azura cruise on Friday doing back to backs

and were on a Thomas Cook flight home. 

Of course we have heard nothing regarding the rearranged flight from P&O.

It has not been scrapped yet, I have just been on it and it's working perfectly well.

on Friday the 11th October personaliser was taking bookings for excursions and then saying "technical fault try again later". i tried 3 times before i got the booking confirmed, then found money taken 3 times. If you have booked any excursions check your bank, customer service were not very helpful

On 10/15/2019 at 11:30 AM, Britboys said:

Glad you got it sorted.  Sadly, P&O IT is really the pits.  There are regular problems with Cruise Personaliser and many people agree that the new P&O website is dreadful in many ways.  If I go into "My Account" at present and look under "My Cruises", it says that my next cruise is in 2021, when I have one booked for 2020!

Sorry Andrew but that is an insult towards ‘Pits’ it’s much worse than that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

It has not been scrapped yet, I have just been on it and it's working perfectly well.

Good for you sunshine.

Quote "until we switch to My P&O Cruises you won't be able to make online bookings"

Some use for those of us who will be trying to re-book our flight seats when P&O eventually get round to informing us what the new flights actually are !!

Never mind though eh?  we only sail in 21 HOURS TIME

I do like cruising with P & O despite the best efforts of their IT department doing their best to ruin things.

Their online booking system used to work perfectly - the new one does not.

Cruise personaliser worked brilliantly - the new ‘My Account‘ does not. My cruises which I booked whilst onboard in September are not showing.

i would say “If it’s not broke, don’t fix it’

• Like 2

It might be worth going into your accounts (whilst you still can) and down loading your cruise history or printing off a hard copy. When Princess cruises re vamped their system a few years ago, many passengers  lost all or some of their cruise history and it took many months for it to be sorted and their lost cruises reinstated.

7 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

It might be worth going into your accounts (whilst you still can) and down loading your cruise history or printing off a hard copy. When Princess cruises re vamped their system a few years ago, many passengers  lost all or some of their cruise history and it took many months for it to be sorted and their lost cruises reinstated.

Good idea thanks 😊 

Found the problem.  It had changed all my details AGAIN to our single friend's who travels with us.  This is about the 7th time it has done it.  I logged in as my husband and there I was, but with her birthdate, her phone number and address.  We are on a linked booking and have been for years.  It started happening last year.  Drives me nuts.

She has her own cabin, so I have no idea why it does this.

Edited by jeanlyon