Airport transfer from Sydney airport

Presumably this is for two people. I would get a taxi. It will take you door to door and cost only a bit more than the train. The main advantage is that you don't have to manhandle luggage to the railway platform, then on and off the train and walk at the other end.

You could try Con-X-Ion a transfer company which will take you door to door (Sydney International Airport to Circular Quay Cruise Terminal) for $44 per couple.  It also offers a return service which you can arrange for $88 per couple.  https://www.con-x-ion.com/Bookings/Airport-Transfers  I'm a big fan of this group as it's not let me down yet.  Although to be honest a taxi at $50 is probably a better bet, unless you'r paying extra for luggage and any Christmas Day surcharge.

I think part of the issue for tourists is having the right apps, accounts, getting the right travel card (opal) so you can use things like the public transport or Uber and such. At least you can now use a CC to tap on in Sydney, but I think for the ease of use and convenience, the cab while possibly more expensive is better unless you already have these systems set up..

Don't forget that Christmas is considered a peak time & price surging may apply

The train terminal is easy to get to in the terminal, it's about a 15 minute walk through the quay - but Christmas day is often packed so there might be crowds to navigate.

Taxi's can pull up about 30 metres from the bag drop point. We got a taxi to & from the port (when we lived in Sydney) & it wasn't that painful

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

My wife and I are travelling from the train station to Travelodge Sydney Martin Place with 2 suitcase and 2 hand luggage.  I believe its about 12km from airport to hotel.

Can you please tell me if a taxi or train would be cheaper.

Many thanks. Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by louand47

2 hours ago, louand47 said:

Hi all,

My wife and I are travelling from the train station to Travelodge Sydney Martin Place with 2 suitcase and 2 hand luggage.  I believe its about 12km from airport to hotel.

The train will be cheaper at $19.60 pp = $39.20, there will be a train change as well.

A taxi will be so much easier and takes you door to door but likely to cost closer to $50- $70 depending on traffic and such.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, louand47 said:

Hi all,

Another option is a shuttle service. Pricing from AUD$10 pp.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The train will be cheaper at $19.60 pp = $39.20, there will be a train change as well.

A taxi will be so much easier and takes you door to door but likely to cost closer to $50- $70 depending on traffic and such.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Where is the train change please ?

15 minutes ago, louand47 said:

Where is the train change please ?

The train from the airport is usually doing the city loop, Central, Museum, St James, Circular Quay, Wynyard Town Hall and back to Central. You will need to change at either Central (the first time) or at Town Hall to change lines for Martin Place (goes to Bondi Junction). 

You could look on the map and see that St James station is sort of close (200m) to your hotel.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, louand47 said:

Sorry for sounding stupid....Whats the shuttle ?

A van or coach that you share with other passengers from the Airport to a few different Hotels in the city. This site compares prices from different companies. Cost to your hotel from $34 for two. Uber also operates in Sydney.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The train from the airport is usually doing the city loop, Central, Museum, St James, Circular Quay, Wynyard Town Hall and back to Central. You will need to change at either Central (the first time) or at Town Hall to change lines for Martin Place (goes to Bondi Junction). 

You could look on the map and see that St James station is sort of close (200m) to your hotel.

Thanks for info. Bit confused are you saying get off at St James or do we need to change lines before this ?  

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

A van or coach that you share with other passengers from the Airport to a few different Hotels in the city. This site compares prices from different companies. Cost to your hotel from $34 for two. Uber also operates in Sydney.

Thanks very much...

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

I went on to that site to see the prices for our next trip from the airport to White Bay. The site gave several prices ranging from $63 to $74. We have paid around $60 several times for this trip by taxi. This doesn't require pre-booking. We have had bad experiences in the past where we have pre-booked and pre-paid, then had to wait more than an hour, and in one case a few hours, for the bus. Then the shared shuttle bus does a tour of Sydney hotels dropping other passengers off. ☹️ We will either go by taxi or book the shuttle bus with Princess.

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I went on to that site to see the prices for our next trip from the airport to White Bay. The site gave several prices ranging from $63 to $74. We have paid around $60 several times for this trip by taxi. This doesn't require pre-booking. We have had bad experiences in the past where we have pre-booked and pre-paid, then had to wait more than an hour, and in one case a few hours, for the bus. Then the shared shuttle bus does a tour of Sydney hotels dropping other passengers off. ☹️ We will either go by taxi or book the shuttle bus with Princess.

In your case, you have chosen the best deal.