Halloween on Viking

eqj60

16 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

I can send dear MiL over to give you a fright, it still works for me after all these years.

Ok, funny!!??

Seriously,  some cruise lines really do it up, just want to be prepared.

Okay, neighbor, I've never done Halloween with Viking but I am putting my oar in anyway. The Viking vibe is laid back, go with the flow. The crew may dress up a bit and there may or may not be anything formal planned. I don't know.

However, there is nothing that your fellow passengers will enjoy more than folks who march to the beat of their own drummer. If you want to dress up, then absolutely go for it. Bring candy, too --and go reverse trick or treating -- give it out rather than collect it.

Go for the gusto. Give everybody something to talk about.

• Like 2

We were on Viking over Halloween 2017 on the Paris to Normandy Seine Cruise. We were in Rouen on 10/31 and saw a few children in costumes in town, but Halloween is not a big thing in Europe so it was low key. The dinner staff handed out little candy treats as we left the dining room that night. There was one passenger that came to dinner in a very elaborate bumble bee costume, complete with large wings and even had her face painted. Very festive, although her obvious displeasure with the rest of us that had not dressed up (which she vocalized quite loudly) kind of killed the mood. 

We were on Avalon on the Danube over Halloween the year before that and the wait staff did have some token costumes at dinner which we all enjoyed but I didn’t see any passengers in costume. 

In other words feel free to do your own thing. It will be well received. But don’t expect everyone else to join in the costuming thing.